2018 paperwork

Stoby

Bronze Level Site Supporter
Can anyone tell me if they had difficulty getting their paperwork?
I suggested to my friend that he buy an 18 GG and he did 2 Mondays ago and still has no paperwork and can't ride the bike legally. The dealer (whom I recommended ) has been no help and nonresponsive. I thought paperwork stayed with the bike. Why would there be a hold up?

Can anyone tell me if they had difficulty getting their paperwork?
I suggested to my friend that he buy an 18 GG and he did 2 Mondays ago and still has no paperwork and can't ride the bike legally. The dealer (whom I recommended ) has been no help and nonresponsive. I thought paperwork stayed with the bike. Why would there be a hold up?

Not sure how it works in the USA. But here in Canada if the dealer buys the bike on terms from the manufacturer the MSO may be held until payment is cleared, at which point it is mailed to the dealer, who gives it to the customer. Could be that he bought it and picked it up in such a short period of time that the dealer didn't have time to get the MSO paperwork filed and passed on.

I left the dealership with all the paperwork necessary to go to the DMV and apply for a title. Is the dealer getting the title for him? If so it will take a few weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took a few weeks for me to get my title and plate from the dealer. I wouldn't worry about it. They should give you some paperwork that shows you're applying for the plate and title..

Back