2019 XC300 Wiring

Throttlemonkey

Per the title I have a 2019 XC300, I currently have a tusk Dualsport wiring kit and headlight all set up but wired direct from the battery. It works fine but I always seem to leave the light on and kill the battery...:mad:

I found one wiring diagram, not sure it was even the right one, barely legible and couldn't figure out the color codes, anyone have a diagram?

Question; is the system full DC or are there AC lighting circuits as well? The reason I ask is that the wire that seems to be charging the battery is pretty small and I doubt that could handle full stator output.

I may also want to run hot grips in winter or night lighting for summer and don't want to kill the battery. Plus looking for a way to make sure my DS kit shuts off when I turn the bike off!

On KTM's there was a yellow wire that was AC but had 80% of Stator capacity, I just put a rectifier on that and ran all my accessories, just wondering if GG has the same, can't find it...

Thanks

FYI, for anyone interested, on the XC it is actually a black/red +DC and Yellow/Green ground going into the Diode, there is a 4 pin connector and it is located on the right side of the battery. I spliced my Tusk Dualsport kit in there and also fed my hot grips as well, works perfect when you start the bike and no draining the battery :)

FYI, for anyone interested, on the XC it is actually a black/red +DC and Yellow/Green ground going into the Diode, there is a 4 pin connector and it is located on the right side of the battery. I spliced my Tusk Dualsport kit in there and also fed my hot grips as well, works perfect when you start the bike and no draining the battery :)
Would you have a pic of where you spliced in?

I just did the same! Thanks for the tip!

Back