250F engine hiccup

forgiven

Short of just starting over with a JD jet kit...which is prolly where I will have to go.

The bike will idle ok then all of a sudden just hiccup. If the idle is down when doing this it will die with a loud clank. If you stab the throttle off idle it will die. once you get past that it runs ok up top.

What do you guys think?

Even after typing I am thinking JD jet kit.

Go to ThumperTalk.com and look up YZ250F tuning tips.

I had a WR250F that I had to put a YZ power jet in to make it run right.

Gotcha

richened the leak jet and it doesn't hiccup now I am just workin the initial bog out of it and I think it will be ridable.

The key to tuning the FCR carb is in the squirt timing. When you did the JD kit did you do the O-ring mod too?

I have a quickshot 3 on it. I richened the leak jet only. Didn't do the JD kit.

From what I am reading I need to take the AP CCW until the bog goes away as the squirt timing is most likely off. Since I have no manual with this and only have done 2 strokes recently I had no idea where to look for this adjustment. My plan was to wait till the Boyesen guys showed up tomorrow and ask them. I am in unfamiliar territory the encouraging thing is the previous owner was more lost than I am apparently.

Haven't used the quickshot before so not sure how it works. I managed to sneak around the off idle hesitation/bog issue on my WRF by going with JD red needle and the heavy o-ring.

yeah...have heard about the oring mod but many seem to say put what I have on there and tune it properly and it will work great. I will try to update tomorrow on my findings.

I agree. Should definitely be able to tune it with your setup. My memory is so sketchy regarding it all, but I do remember thumpertalk having a huge wealth of info on the topic. Good luck tomorrow.

No bog whatsoever now

Nice and smooth for the wife now.

All I need now is a front rim for it and she can ride it.

The adjustable leak jet about 3/4 richer cured the hiccup, and on the back of the quickshot3 is what appears to be a fuel modulator out of the little pump. 1/2-3/4 turn out on that...Golden.

Funny thing is the guy that had it at the same elevation as me and he wasn't that far off but boy...he had the idle up soo friggen high to get out of the bog but would still hiccup once in a while.

With the leak jet so lean it would race on deceleration and really was bad. Not to mention it hiccuping it just sounded terrible. Plus you got to know it is easy if I didn't have to reference the JAKOBI master. I knew I remembered the hiccup from another bike. I had a Vmax I put a high flow air filter in and made the same noise. It too needed the fuel screw out about a 1/2 turn on the carbs. After that a quick call to boyesen...done.

Back