300 carb sizes?

mconnell

It seems that some 2011 models came with 36 and some with 38 mm carbs, according to what I've read. What models came with which, and what was GG's logic on those decisions.

Not sure what the factory was thinking? They used what they had at the time.
My '12 xc200 came w/ a 38mm.

Lets not forget that an engine even the one on your gasser is an air pump so the more air you can get through it, the More power it makes ! 36-38, they will both work just fine although the jetting may be a little trick with one or the other depending on which model is getting what ...

Gas Gas has always advertised that they ship with a 38mm carb, which leads me to believe that they were having supply issues with Keihin. You also have to remember that there was the Tsunami in early 2011 which likely impacted on parts and availability of components from the factories. I know its defintely bumped prices on certain suspension components.

From their eyes, I'm sure it would have been more important to fill the orders for the larger players first (simply supply and demand), and also that Gas Gas factory didn't have a lot of extra coin to be making the demand, I think they took what they could get their hands on. It wasn't an ideal solution, but sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Back