36mm Lectron

Terrence R

I'm tired of chasing my jetting on my 2012 EC300r. I can get an amazing deal on a 36mm Lectron that came off a husky WR300. Am I crazy for getting the 36mm? Will I be into a big headache sorting/tuning compared to running a 38mm? I'm only considering the 36mm as I am getting a great deal on it. It also has the remote choke too. It's a clean looking piece.

I have the 36mm on my 2011 250R. I wanted more bottom.

As Kevin at Lectron said, that would give me a bunch of bottom and a bit more on top. He was correct. The 38mm, he said, would give me a little more on bottom and a lot on top.

Playing with the Lectron isn't difficult. Sometimes his metering rod setting don't jive. Play with 49mm length and tweek from there.

Chad Cooper has a Lectron on his 300. Not sure which carb size.

Try to locate him. It appears he has been removed from this forum. :(

I have the 36mm on my 2011 250R. I wanted more bottom.

As Kevin at Lectron said, that would give me a bunch of bottom and a bit more on top. He was correct. The 38mm, he said, would give me a little more on bottom and a lot on top.

Playing with the Lectron isn't difficult. Sometimes his metering rod setting don't jive. Play with 49mm length and tweek from there.

Thinking about this mod for my 2011 250. Rick do you feel like one metering rod covers all of the seasonal temperature fluctuations and/or elevations we experience here in AZ, or that swapping rods is necessary depending on temp and elevation?

Once I got mine dialed in I haven't touched it in over a year. Phoenix to Flagstaff.

Chad "DesertGasser" was removed for some reason.

Do many run the 38mm lectron?

I'm looking into getting one over the winter when I do some engine work

I interested to hear people's opinions and results

I called Richard. Started out as a conversation to tune my suspension, and now I have a Lectron, pipe, and silencer coming.

Richard says his 300 will eat up a KTM 450

Generally 38mm for the 300.

And 36 or 38mm for the 250.

It depends on which end of the rev spectrum you want to eventuate more.

I ran a 36mm on my 300 because i was chasing bottom end. Made it a little flat on top but the bike pulled like a freight train off idle and was unstallable. It would run from seal level to ten thousand feet on the same settings with better throttle response than i ever got out of a normal carb. If you tuned it for altitude it was amazing.

Best mod i made.

Do many run the 38mm lectron?

I'm looking into getting one over the winter when I do some engine work

I interested to hear people's opinions and results
I ran a 38 mm Lectron in my 06 200 where it works very well. I think I will bring it over to my 15 200 in due time.

Sent fra min GT-I9295 via Tapatalk

I'm picking up the 36mm lectron tomorrow night. The funny thing is, I used to own this exact carb. I bought it for a husky wr250 I had. I sold the bike before I ever got to try it. Then sold this guy the lectron. Now he's selling it back to me cause he's selling his husky. I guess I was just meant to own this carb :D

I have a great idea ,If it does not work the way you want it to on the 300:rolleyes: buy a 200 and set it up on that ?

Back