450 run-in procedure

fkmf6

how many miles do i need to do before its run in, how many miles before it loosens up and does the performance improve with more miles in it

I changed my oil after it's first ride. That was around 100kms.

I then changed every second ride until 1,000kms...

Then every 500kms an oil and filter..

Just use a mineral bike oil on the first change then go semi synthetic..

My bike runs sweet as now.... Never any metal in the oil ...

I changed my oil after it's first ride. That was around 100kms.

I then changed every second ride until 1,000kms...

Then every 500kms an oil and filter..

Just use a mineral bike oil on the first change then go semi synthetic..

My bike runs sweet as now.... Never any metal in the oil ...

its not what i was asking jrdoz. what i wanted to know was the performance in your bike now is it better than when it was new,

its not what i was asking jrdoz. what i wanted to know was the performance in your bike now is it better than when it was new,

Well it's hard to understand your english man, so I can see why JrDoz probably didn't tell you what you needed exactly...

My performance on my bike was best personally when it was brand new off the dealer floor, although it's running a lot more like it was new after 6 years since I bought it from the dealer, and since I've trimmed the fuel to run more rich and had the valve clearances set right and what not. Part of it also can help with best performance with after market parts and lots of good oil changes with high grade oil.

Ok I will have a stab at this one then........

According to to the 06 manual, break in should be for 100km or 1 hour of operation. It says to run at low rpm. There are 11 further steps in the manual as to what you should do during the 1hr break in period.
Basically warm the engine fully ride for 10 mins then allow to cool completely. check chain and spokes.
Same again for 20 mins
Same again for 30 mins
Also some guff about changing the plug cos it will be black!!?
Should be good to go after that.
First oil change at 5 hours.

Not sure I would go along with it as I would prefer to do a more progressive break in and change the oil sooner.

how many miles do i need to do before its run in, how many miles before it loosens up and does the performance improve with more miles in it

60 miles, longer the better dont lug the motor or make it scream with in the 60 miles, more hrs = more revs.

500miles.

No, the performance does not increase with more miles, i just getts harder to stall as the motor frees up.

60 miles, longer the better dont lug the motor or make it scream with in the 60 miles, more hrs = more revs.

500miles.

No, the performance does not increase with more miles, i just getts harder to stall as the motor frees up.

thanks ggg, someone finally undestood my question

Back