49 tooth rear sprocket. Steel

sweeper

Banned
Looking for a 49 tooth rear steel sprocket for a 2000 Gas Gas .

I don't know the sprocket year interchanges between models.
New, like new, one ride or two or three is fine.

Steel.
Or, aluminum frame with steel teeth only.
Also if anybody has switched over to the newer style chains and has some decent
O-ring chain or chains they wanna get rid of.

Sounds good, I'll try it.
The sprocket was beef offroad style, not dual sport style?520 is 520 , but you know what I mean

Weight is the only disadvantage. This $20 steel sprocket will last twice as long as any aluminum alloy sprocket.
That's what I thought. . I wouldn't think that extra weight would make any difference. .or would it? A thought I had was that maby the steel would ware the chain quicker. .

Steel is the only way to go if you ride in extreme offroad conditions.Muddy grit will destroy alloy sprockets in just a few rides.Besides alloy just wears funky.Bent, broken, stretched warped teeth common.The bigger the displacement and higher the torque exponentuate the abuse.Chain wear non factor.Weight non factor.

One old guys opinion.Not a statement of fact.

Steel is the only way to go if you ride in extreme offroad conditions.Muddy grit will destroy alloy sprockets in just a few rides.Besides alloy just wears funky.Bent, broken, stretched warped teeth common.The bigger the displacement and higher the torque exponentuate the abuse.Chain wear non factor.Weight non factor.

One old guys opinion.Not a statement of fact.

X2
Chain stretch wears sprockets more than anything, when the distance between the links 'grows' it causes the teeth to hook and it is all down hill from there.

I run steel + steel :)

Back