A few parts Cross-Over questions.

GGRider01

I saw a guy on youtube put a revloc for a CRF450 into his pre-2007 EC 300, so I'm wondering if that means I can use other CRF450 clutch components in my 2001 EC 300. I got the bike cheap, and plan to keep it for a long while as money is an issue with the oil field being dead. It just scares me that I won't be able to keep it running in the near future due to parts scarcity.

I've also heard talk that you can swap in Suzuki CDIs. I have a spare 91 RM 125 CDI that I've thought about putting in to liven it up, but the stock CDI has some weird stuff going on, with wires coming out at seemingly random places, then grounding out to the frame by design. Isn't the CDI already grounded to the frame by the mounting tabs? What are their purpose? Maybe I'm over thinking it and should just try it.

Now, this one has been bugging me. I've heard from multiple sources that there is a subframe upgrade for the 01, as well as being able to put new radiator shrouds on it with a minor modification. I've been searching high and low for some detailed answers but have come up empty handed.

On the crossover list here, it says you can use Wiseco 2365M06250 but doesn't say for which displacement this piston is for.

I had a bunch more questions that are slipping my mind, so I guess I'll ask here when they come to mind.

I used a cdi from a rm125 roughly 2004, literally a case of cutting all the wires and making new connectors.

Subframe I've fitted and old kx125 steel subby

That piston looks incorrect to me and it does not appear to match any GG bores. https://www.wiseco.com/ProductDetail.aspx?AppID=&ItemID=2365M06250&ModelYear=&ModelID=

The parts crossover lists "200cc - polaris snowmobile -> wiseco #2365M06250"

This piston can be used in the GasGas ec200. The bore on the 200 is 62.5 -> which is the same as this piston.

This info was given to me long ago by Jim Cook when he was running smackover motorsports. I added it to the crossover parts list at that time.

thanks,
jeff

I stand corrected, I must have looked at the wrong thing on the wiesco web site.

Alright, so what piston do you run in a 01 300 EC? Clutch plates?

I've also been wondering what the stock gearing was. Mine has 13T front and 52T rear! Chain and sprockets look as old as the bike, so they're coming off soon. It's not very wheelie happy at all (not even slightly), though the compression is.. tremendous. That short of gearing is very much like most 125s. My RM125 (144cc) power wheelies 1st through 3rd!

I myself have some questions for the Gas Gas gurus, I have a marzocchi forks and looks like I may need some fork seals. what Japanese manufacturer fork seals work? and also would the beta marzocchi fork seals plug and play? thanks in advance

I myself have some questions for the Gas Gas gurus, I have a marzocchi forks and looks like I may need some fork seals. what Japanese manufacturer fork seals work? and also would the beta marzocchi fork seals plug and play? thanks in advance

Which fork is it? I have the 48's with PFP and when I just had my suspension revalved I had him do SKF seals. Availability must not be an issue. He had them in two days.

Speaking of forks, I have no idea which ones are on my 2001 EC 300. They're bleeding out pretty bad. It has the Ohlins rear shock, so would it most likely be Ohlins forks?

Speaking of forks, I have no idea which ones are on my 2001 EC 300. They're bleeding out pretty bad. It has the Ohlins rear shock, so would it most likely be Ohlins forks?

They're Ohlins if they have gold fork tubes but most likely WP43 forks.

Still scratching my head for some information about this bike. Is there at least any online retailer listing good parts for the 2001 EC 300, in stock?

Gas gas bendix
top gear teeth – 40
top gear width – 7mm
top gear dia – 41.5mm
top shaft dia – 8mm
top shaft length – 9mm
bottom gear teeth – 14
bottom gear dia – 28mm
bottom shaft lenght – 7mm
bottom shaft dia – 8mm
nearest bendix match – smu5009 – 10mm thick top gear

Do you have picture you can show us? It probably has WP43 forks on it. Most of them were grey in color. KTM WP 43 seals will work. www.halls-cycles.com has a good supply of parts and has online access to part numbers.

Back