Air Filter Cross Over ?'s

lordfeyr

So I was cleaning my filter when it decided to split in two... I am supposed to go riding this weekend and am trying to get the bike ready but ordering a gasgas specific filter will not be here in time...

Looking at the cross over list it states the following filters will work on our gasgas bikes

Filters
‘92-’96 Honda CR250R
‘90-’97 KTM 250/300/360
‘94-’96 Kawasaki KX
‘00-’01 Honda CR250R

Do these all fit without modification?

Do I need the corresponding filter cage for one of those types?

Is one better than the other for my 04 ec 300?

So I was cleaning my filter when it decided to split in two... I am supposed to go riding this weekend and am trying to get the bike ready but ordering a gasgas specific filter will not be here in time...

Looking at the cross over list it states the following filters will work on our gasgas bikes

Filters
‘92-’96 Honda CR250R
‘90-’97 KTM 250/300/360
‘94-’96 Kawasaki KX
‘00-’01 Honda CR250R

Do these all fit without modification?

Do I need the corresponding filter cage for one of those types?

Is one better than the other for my 04 ec 300?

hondra cr250 00-01 is the best fit

Does this cross over list apply to '07 and newer bikes?
I notice the Twinair website has different part number '07 on

i've got an 09 EC300 and i need some air filters too... i've seen some conflicting info on here and elsewhere in regards to what filters fit the 07 Gas gas and newer.. anyone with some actual twin air part numbers would be much apreicated... i'm in Australia, so sending stuff back and forwards if it doesn't fit is a pain..
cheers

I use twin-air cr 250 filters with no problem they use just one pin instead of 3 but shap is the same. You just have to make sure it seals good by feeling around but thats always a good idea. Moose should work also and uni but never tried.

Iv got >07 gg filters, <07 gg filters and a few CR filters.
They are all the same shape, only one of the filters has the 3 holes for the cage prongs, Im still on the fence about the holes, I find the filter gets less flexible the older it gets, and the holes tend to start tearing, however on the filters that dont have the holes, I just put grease around the mating face and make sure its seated correctly, no issues so far, just use a fresh filter every ride
:cool:

The gist, 2000 CR filter is fine

The filters for the 99-06 gassers are slighter bigger than the 07-11 filters but they will work in the newer bikes. I use both in my 2007ec300. I don't think the smaller filters for the newer gassers will work with the older bikes.

Iv got >07 gg filters, <07 gg filters and a few CR filters.
They are all the same shape, only one of the filters has the 3 holes for the cage prongs, Im still on the fence about the holes, I find the filter gets less flexible the older it gets, and the holes tend to start tearing, however on the filters that dont have the holes, I just put grease around the mating face and make sure its seated correctly, no issues so far, just use a fresh filter every ride
:cool:

The gist, 2000 CR filter is fine

Yes the important parts of the filter are the same (the base and the hole with the plastic ring) but I always add the holes on the base for the studs on the filter frame. I pull the filter over the frame, align it up, then push the studs through the base.

Back