aluminum framed gasgas

mxdj2003

just put my 03 ec300 engine in a cr250 chassis, ill get some more pics as its almost done hopefully it will be the ultimate woods bike

Attachments

• gass pic.jpg
    gass pic.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 174
Nice work. I was also toying with the idea of puting a 300 in a 98 cr chassis but I'm to busy.As it is you may end up with the ultimate or worst handling dirt bike, hard to say. Its much more involved than people think when you factor in weight bias, cg and engine location unless you can exactly mimic the stock gassers attributes, good luck all the same, let us know of your progress.

im hoping it will work good, as the gasser motor and the cr engine are almost identical in length and width, there was very little fabrication involved just relocated the motor mounts and i had to cut and reposition the left side lower radiator hose barb as i used the cr radiators. The pipe even fit all i had to do was cut the rear mount off and weld it back where the cr mount is, ill get some more pics tonite

Intriguing, what is it you hope to accomplish? Do you prefer the rigidity of aluminum? The handling of the CR? Suspension? Cool project, take lot's of pictures.

all i really want to accomplish was to have a nice light chassis with a sweet woods motor in it. I could have set up the Cr engine but it will never be as smooth as the gasgas engine so i figured why bother i'll combine the two and have the best of both worlds. I also just like building cool stuff .

no but the cr weighs 213 lbs and the gasser around 237 lbs im gonna bring it to work this week and weight it on th freight scale, but either way i know it will be lighter then the gas gas

Cool project. I always thought putting a 280 kitted XR engine in a
GasGas frame would be fun. Maybe that could be your next project. The gas tank doesn't clear, so maybe a KDX engine in the GG frame. I'm all about fun projects.

here's a few more pics, all the fab work is done i'm just doing final assembly and trying to find a spot to put the black box, radiator shrouds should be in this week hopefully i'll get to ride it this weekend

Attachments

• rsz_gasser1.jpg
    rsz_gasser1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 88
  • rsz_gasser2.jpg
    rsz_gasser2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 61
here's apic of the stock gasgas silencer , no mods where necessary it fits perfect, and the other pic is of the front head stay mount , i drilled through the front down tube and welded a sleeve in , it uses the gasgas head stay plates . sorry about the crappy pics it takes me forever to resize them for this website lol

Attachments

• rsz_rsz_gasser3.jpg
    rsz_rsz_gasser3.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 72
  • rsz_rsz_gasser4.jpg
    rsz_rsz_gasser4.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 52
Back