AMRA/West Chec Enduro Campwood

Nicely done. You hit every rock.

Do you have any video of Trail 24? It would be nice to see how it got burned in.

It was in the southern section maybe Test 5. (?). It was the single track that was reclaimed from twenty years ago. It had all the streamers hanging all over the place x

It was in the southern section maybe Test 5. (?). It was the single track that was reclaimed from twenty years ago. It had all the streamers hanging all over the place x

yeah I believe it was 5. It was great, going thru the boulders in the down hill it was tricky. The Gasser turned so well in them I wound up waiting for the guy in front of me who had to get off his bike and maneuver it around them. That is a trail I would go back to ride.

You guys really need to have a word with your landscaper on test 4. They left grapefruit sized rollers everywhere, it was a challenge for sure.

And you managed to hit more than your fair share ?

How did the 48mm Zokes and Ohlins shock on your 2012 handle the rocks compared to your old bike?

And you managed to hit more than your fair share ?

How did the 48mm Zokes and Ohlins shock on your 2012 handle the rocks compared to your old bike?

The fronts did great, Bob Tod re-valved the rear a week before and I should have played with it more then I did. It did good, but I should have turned the rebound out more, I was getting high speed kick out in the rear over rocks. One so bad it kicked the entire bike sideways. My old sachs worked better for me in this stuff. I was able to adjust the high speed compression, I liked having that option.

I used to race there during the 80's during the ADRA days. We called it the Prescott race back then and it was a race not an enduro, not to say enduros now days aren't races. I can say that I really enjoyed every ADRA race. Back then we raced in Heber, Young, Snowflake, Gila Bend, Sonoita to Rocky Point, Salome, Cinder Mtn in Flagstaff and they were all epic. I miss AZ....

I used to race there during the 80's during the ADRA days. We called it the Prescott race back then and it was a race not an enduro, not to say enduros now days aren't races. I can say that I really enjoyed every ADRA race. Back then we raced in Heber, Young, Snowflake, Gila Bend, Sonoita to Rocky Point, Salome, Cinder Mtn in Flagstaff and they were all epic. I miss AZ....

Wow, that is a blast from the past. You probably know Bob Tod from the ADRA days then?

Test 2 A/B course.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8gZ00V43I

That's me, but only because of two co-sanctioned races between D37-WestChec and Arizona's AMRA. I guess they don't assign worker points or I would be ahead of the other Zonies in our AMRA class, assuming they didn't get worker points. Amazing I has able to finish all races over the last two years given how sick I was over that period -- as well as my back procedure in Fall of 2012.

Nice job.... I took notice of the GasGas...I figured it was one of you two!

I raced last weekends National at Shasta....brutal! I hope to race the Funky Chicken and gain a few points.....The B SSR class is TOUGH!

Pretty tough to do the entire series, a ton of windshield miles:D

It was a great course, just a ton of rock, sharp inbeded rock, loose big rock, loose small rock...did I mention it was rocky:eek:

The course was approx 25 miles, I got in two fun filled laps...really though it was really a fast course with really nice flowing single track....through the forrest. Under the trees it was really nice, out in the open it was really dry and dusty. There was a few miles of hard packed dirt road that was super slippery with loose marbles, pretty much WFO on the road sections.

The single track sections had a nice flow. Some areas of the single track were carved out of the mountain side, which had some pretty steep drop off area. I witnessed a few riders helping drag bikes back up the side.

I had never seen SO many flat tires after a race....even TubLiss systems flat! It really did not matter if it was a front or rear tire...

What really make it tought was the high speeds, rocks, dust, and if you make a mistake, off the trail you went and down the hill side!

I added a few pictures from the event: http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=87 nothing great, just my dirty mug, torn to crap rear tire and one of the bike....

Last edited:
Back