Another example where a Gasser outshines a pumpkin!

Where the Gas Gas feels right at home. We missed you out here Steve, you missed a heck of a day!

GOPR0183.jpg

Last edited:
Poor Matt, he was beat up pretty bad after that. He sent me a text today saying he has a cantalope sized bruise on his hip and a pulled groin. He is such a good rider, but rocks seem to be his achilles heel! :eek:

Did I mention that we don't have rocks like that in Michigan - maybe Matt will let me ride his KTM next weekend to get some practice ... it's already experienced after all :eek:

Now that pic does not look way too fisheye and you can see the depth, size of the rocks, and the hill. I have to look at the specs but perhaps the camera has a different FOV shooting stills than 720 HD video. Maybe it uses the 135 deg FOV like in 1080 mode.

Add that trail to the woods and you kinda have GMP's trails.

Ha Ha, I was thinking make the rocks more jagged and put a bunch of trees in the way so if you crash you're likely to hit one and you have the Ozarks in AR and MO. Oh ya, and cover the loose nasty grapefruit sized kicker rocks with leaves just to add fun and surprise to your 3rd gear "fast" sections.

Now that pic does not look way too fisheye and you can see the depth, size of the rocks, and the hill. I have to look at the specs but perhaps the camera has a different FOV shooting stills than 720 HD video. Maybe it uses the 135 deg FOV like in 1080 mode.

I have been shooting lately in 1080P it does make the terrain look better but, not by to much, says it has 127 viewing angle. Looks like the still mode shoots in the same FOV.

Heard that from Jim Cook, but that could be here, New England, or PA too. We have slabs, ledges, loose rock, embedded rock, sharp rocks, etc. Even some dirt. 100 miles south is like a different planet.

Is that near the Wickenburg waterfall, where the national was a few times? That looked gnarly too. I could dig it. No slimy mud or green moss on the rocks at least. Trials tire would be the choice there.

Is that near the Wickenburg waterfall, where the national was a few times? That looked gnarly too. I could dig it. No slimy mud or green moss on the rocks at least. Trials tire would be the choice there.

No, Wickenburg is about 150 miles in the opposite direction. That is AZrickD territory.

Back