Avade heated vests

Yeah,haha...canterbury.looking ahead a couple months...windchill on the coast can be pretty bitter on occasion...and im getting soft!
Im outdoor everyday on a quad regardless of most weather for work.i used to knock the hotgrips until i got a set on the quad!
Our famous hot dry norwest is capable of also being bitter when theres a decent amount of snow behind it,and a 100kmh southerly straight off ocean midwinter is no picnic

Oh sh1t I do apologise, for some reason I thought you were in Auss. Coldest I've been on a bike was going into chch back from the brass monkey.

I bought a Widder vest. The yanks know cold and good gear. The POM's know cold but . . . well. . . can you imagine it.

That said the Aussies make Dryrider gear, what do they know about rain?

Widder sadly went out of business, but was great gear. Rarely use it, but the wife used to wear it most rides.

Chch is a great summer city.......brass monkey doesnt run in summer though does it!
I commuted thru 2 winters between here and chch in the pre hotgrip days...often in the wee hours(the cops used to go to bed early back then).im well familiar with gloves you cant get off,zippers you cant get down,or back up,frosty frozen eyebrows on arrival,and the feeling that your fat fingers are going to pop like grapes as you warm them up

If I rode anywhere cold enough I would consider it. I like the fact that you can turn it off once you warm up. I have tried Enduro jackets but as soon as you get a bit too active you start sweating and need to take it off. Then you get onto an open section and need to put it back on.

Interestingly I was listening to an adventure rider radio pod cast the other day and the rider was saying he didn't use heated grips for his round the world trip because only the palms get warm. He had heated gloves and heated jacket for the reasons above but also because it was more lightweight than having winter gear

They are supposed to fit snug, which suits sitting still on a roadbike but consider movement fitting. Get one with a collar as there is nothing quite as nice as your neck warming up. I've generally only used mine in south island winter trips but glad to have it. I cheapped out with a 3 pos switch and dropping resistor but its either too hot or too cold, I'd go for a dial if I used it more.
Wife just leaves it on full, but I'd be in front with leathers and a T-shirt most days she thought were cold.

Yeah its cutting down on all the bulk of those extra layers and allowing for a range of conditions without adding/removing gear that appeals...that and the toasty warmth!

Well,after a footie game yest played in chch,in pouring rain with a bitter 60kmh southerly,as i tried in vain to warm up,i must admit all i could think of was,heated vest would be very nice about now!
We lost btw

Back