Brisbane Enduro X 2015 rnd 1

Top effort ,must be a hell of a work out?
Think I'll stay by the hotdog stand & watch.

It is reasonably hard on the arms and back due to the constant pushing and pulling on the bars. It is hard to push hard because the faster you go the quicker you get tired and then the more mistakes you make which then makes you more tired. I tried to keep a constant pace ,( albeit a slower one), but managed to finish in 6th on the night.
I was happy with that as there was an expert/ ex national trials champ( hw won all 3, two ex pros : Damian smith and kirk hutton and then the last years vets winner.
The humidity and heat really sapped us southerners energy and made it hard to know hard to push.
Awesome fun though,
Mark

Damn Mark...that looks like a hell of a tough day :eek: Good on you for pulling 6th in the final; I would have cried uncle shortly after the first head and tucked my tail between my legs...lol.

I can't imagine trying to get over some of that stuff, or having enough balance to ride some of those logs.

Unlike an Enduro I suppose it is difficult to pull over and take a breather under tree, especially when you would be doing it in front of the crowds!!

I have only ever ridden one Enduro x track and realized then just how good the pros are and how fit they are - good effort mate!

Fitness is definitely the key mate. The more tired you get the more mistakes , the more tired etc. I tried to pace myself which worked , but unfortunately my pace was slower than the winners:(

Back