Bullet Proof Designs Radiator Guards

HydroDog

Gold Level Site Supporter
I recently purchased a set of guards for a 06 2 stroke to try them on my 07 EC 300 knowing that I would have to make them fit. Once you open the box you can understand why they are $200, they are the nicest looking guards I've ever seen.
Anyhow I did have to machine some material off the top,machine a pocket for the lower shroud nut and supply 2 new mounting bolts but other than that the fit was very good and rigid.
I sent pictures and dimensions to BPD of what I did so hopefully in a few weeks they will have sets for purchase.

John

Attachments

• RAD 13.JPG
    RAD 13.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 83
I actually did the same thing.
I sent Bud at Bullet Proof a busted radiator off my '07 to use as a template to make the '06 guard work.
He is supposed to be making an all new guard for the '07s.

My lower triple clamp was hitting the top of the guard, I ground the guard to fit.

How do you like fishing that lower shroud mount into the guard?

100_0221.jpg

100_0230.jpg

100_0231.jpg

For bolts I used socket head cap screws and reached through with a allen wrench to tighten. I didn't have to grind the top though, I machined about a 1/16th off the top to clear the flange of the radiator.

I noticed in your picture that you have a different lower tripple clamp than I do.

I got a question, how do you upload the bigger pictures?

Attachments

• Clearance on right side guard.JPG
    Clearance on right side guard.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 27
I also used the allen head bolts on the inner mount.

My bike has the 50mm forks, so the clamps are bigger.

I upload all my photos to PhotoBucket.com, then post them on here.

Ok, here's an easy way.
Right click on your photo in the gallery.
Click on "properties"
Cut and paste the address (URL).
Click on "insert image"
Paste the URL.
I just tried it and is shown below.

Tighting_bottom_bolt.JPG

Back