busy lately,, need prayers

Cruiser

Just to update,, I haven't been on much lately, been traveling back and forth from Pa to Ga to visit my 4 yr old nephew Ricky. He is turning 5 june 1st. He has been battling cancer since he was 22 months old and it looks to be in the final stages of the war. They have brought him home from CHOA on hospice and have signed a DNR. He has been in heart and renal failure for over a week. They could use prayers at this time for those that pray. The make a wish foundation and many other groups have kept the family from loosing the house with all the extra bills due to this. The last bill is the funeral expense. Cancerwarriors.org has set up a fund for this and I apologize for posting it here but wanted a few on here to know why I haven't been online much lately and haven't been riding either.. I'm preparing for the first real ride of the season, but I also have my jeep packed to run to Ga at a moments notice.. which I just got back on Tuesday night.. So if you can please pray for Ricky James,,
Thanks,,
Steve

So sad and so young.... My prayers and best wishes for you all through this tough time.
All the best Mark.

Steve,

Sorry to hear such sad news. You all will be in our prayers.

Ed

So sad to hear things like this no kid should have to go through something like this or the family for that matter. My prayers are with you and the rest of your family.Mike

Thank you for being brave enough to post this. Prayers on the way. It puts what is important back into perspective for me.

It is always very sad to hear of ones misfortunes or someones close to you.

Printing words in a forum some how devalues ones thoughts when trying to

convey grief....

Our condolences to you, Ricky and his family.

Young Ricky will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

Just wanted to thank you all for the wishes and prayers. Ricky passed away just after 11 tonight. I'm leaving for Ga in the morning..

I just got back from Ga,, My sister in law is doing better than I ever expected,, I dont know how I would have ever delt with this.. It was hard enough being the uncle... would not want to be the parents going thru this.. Thank you all.. if anybody does want to get involved thru donations or time with this family or others please contact cancerwarriors.org or giveback both are tax deductible.. I for one will be making some calls to give them some connections for future fundraising.. If you know any musicians or celebrities that would be willing to donate articles autographed to be auctioned off for fundraising this is what seams to bring decent cash for the families..
Thank you all again...

The giveback.org is not the right web address cancerwarriors is,, I'll post it up when I get it..

Last edited:
Just to let you know,, the procession was led by two cruisers and eight MC highway patrol officers and all the intersections were blocked by either the sheriffs dept or the fire dept.. and we were followed by a fire truck.. Ricky loved both the police and fire dept.. they even had bagpipes at the cemetery..

sorry to hear that, as a relatively new father it is something that I truly fear!

from across the oceans, my thoughts are with you and your family

For anybody who is close to NE PA,, We are going to have a picnic in Jim Thorpe Pa. August 14th to help raise money for the family to help pay for outstanding costs of the cemetery expenses. The details still need to be worked out, like cost, menu, beer, band etc.. but so far it is going to be on the 14th.. like 12ish to 7ish, and like $15-20 donation for the main courses, soda, beer.. We ask for you to bring a side dish to share.. and if anybody wants to bring any soda/beer in cans bottles to put in a community ice bin for when the kegs go dry.. If anybody has any suggestions please PM me,, There will be its own thread when I have all the details..
Thanks,,
Steve

Steve,

What about putting a ride together like the Wallow in the Hollow rides? A larger donation to ride and party. I'm sure I could bring a few guys.

Back