carb problem

evanchochrek

So I've triple checked float height, cleaned all jets and hoses and my carb still drips when you shake the bike vigorously side to side.its usually 5 or 6 drips then it stops. Not alot, but it still annoys me. Is this normal and if so is it dripping while I'm riding. Ive had the carb professionally cleaned and tuned, so I'm just wondering if this is something that I can fix?

The GG carbs are on a bit of an angle down towards the front. Depending on your suspension and tire choice that angle can change.

The bike stance by itself is likely to be different from you on the bike and that can change your riding float level. Does it dribble with you sitting on the bike? If not I would not worry about it. If so go to I would drop your float height slightly.

It could also be a needle and seat issue. Do you have a new needle and seat in the carb? I recently had a carb seat that was varnished and corroded such that it would not allow the needle to seal properly. I was able to clean it with some very fine sand paper rolled up, chucked and spun in my electric drill.

Note: Before the sand paper roll, I tried the drill with a Q-Tip and some tooth paste but it did not work as well and I learned that carb and choke cleaner do not clean up tooth paste.

Back