Carburetor

liamthom

A plastic piece that attached my carb to the air boot broke and i have not been able to find it. It also looks like i have a short body (~75mm from mouth to mouth) airstrike and the plastic piece made it possible for the air boot to reach the carb.

In the picture i am pointing to the part i am talking about also the airboot should be around the smaller end. The part looks like it is made of pp and has a grove to lock into the lip of my carb. Any information on what it is where i can get it and what carb i have is useful.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_183231990.jpg
    IMG_20150314_183231990.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 93
Try Hall's first. good luck. I've heard of the piece before but never seen one. Is the carb a 36mm?

I removed my read block spacer a while ago and had a big gap I mounted the card to the boot and warmed the boot with a hair dryer. When it was hot enough I used a tyre lever and pushed it on to the front and clamped it up.
It stretched in to place but if it's of the bike for a while it sometimes need the dryer on it

Hope this helps if you can't replace the plastic bit never had any issues with it or by doing this

Im going to talk to my dad about calling hall's first i rather find the piece then stretch the rubber, but it is good to hear that it is a working solution.

Yeah, i don't blame you my dad called the gas gas importer yesterday and they are yet to get back to us.

Halls, gas gas importer, epic and JD have not heard of this part.

Edit: Epic found it

Last edited:
Back