Clutch Hydraulic Fluid ?

I checked, Styrene Butadiene (SBR) or Ethylene-Propylene (EPDM) are what you want for brake fluid, and are poor choices for petroleum base oils. You should be able to get these from a good o-ring supplier. The parts list just shows a kit, no separate o-rings

Brembo, I missed that, that explains it.
Yeah I just found an o-ring guide that listed the EPDM type for brake fluids. I saw the ring is in the kit, too. I looked at a 2003 model parts cat. I don't want to pay $40 for an o-ring! I'll have to measure it up and try to source one.

This Brembo bore is stamped 10. I'm not sure what the AJP is. You know?

If its like the Magura it's the bore dia. Their way of designating displacement. This was being discussed in another thread. The AJP is not marked, but seems to be a bit less displacement. You should get slightly more travel, so less drag, but a slightly harder pull. When you put it together and bleed it just make sure the slave doesn't overtravel. Gasgasman swapped in a 10.5 Magura so you should be fine.

I went to Autozone to look for some hydraulic jack oil and found this.

Would this be a suitable substitute for clutch mineral oil?

If your gonna substitute just use baby oil. Works like a charm, smell only lasts a few hours.

Not to mention it is very cheap.

I have used it for 4 yrs now, no issues. If you looks it's like 99.7% mineral oil. My percentage is wrong pry but close.

Been using ATF since 2000....Dextron 2. Not sure what the boiling point is of baby oil, but I've yet to burn up ATF.

I've also seen 5wt fork oil used.

Back