Clutch issues

Trigga

Hi I'm having issues with my clutch. When on full power the clutch seems to be slipping and the engine spinning up but not accelerating as it should. Would you say this is worn plates if so to replace them?
Also sometimes when on full throttle the bikes dies then comes back to life seems like a fuel issue or something any of your help and experience will great and if anyone in the uk can direct to a good parts supplier.
Thanks in advance for any help.

It could be worn clutch plates. You can tell by pulling it apart and measuring the plate thicknesses. Make sure that your clutch lever is properly adjusted and not hitting a bark buster so that it is letting the clutch fully engage.

I agree it sounds like it is starving for fuel. Check your float setting and make sure any inline or petcock filters are clean. Good luck!

Well I stripped the clutch apart plates look ok but the basket has some very visible notches on the splines and also the gear oil is coming out very metalicy and silver should it be like that? I'll give bike tech a try as soon as I figure out what I need

Back