clutch parts recommendations

EcEvan03

My clutch has been dragging a bit for a little bit now and after some investigation ive found that my clutch basket is grooved. Ive read that i can file these grooves down for a temporary fix but id rather just buy a new one and be done with it. And figured i might as well replace the springs and plates as well while in there.

Is the talon clutch basket advertised in the parts section of this site the best option? I have an 03 ec300 and have never had the noise problem with my clutch and hope not to get it with this replacement.

As far as plates and springs it seems the most available options for me are moose racing, ebc, pro x, and barnett. Has anyone used any of these with success? Am i better off finding a place to get the stock parts? besides the recent drag i have no complaints about the stock clutch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance for your help

Check the inner basket as well. My '02 200 had enough grooves to drag the clutch. I went through with a dremel carefully which made an improvement, but it wasn't easy & a new one would have been better but my 300 arrived shortly after.

My clutch was grabbing/dragging very badly on my '12 300. Turned out that most of my finger supports were sheered off. In the end, I replaced inner basket with a Rekluse, new plates, and Rekluse outer clutch cover. Now I have zero grab and zero weeping from around clutch cover. Huge improvement over the stock crappy clutch components that came on my new 300.

Back