Confirm Torque Specs for Forks/Linkage for 2018+ EC300?

Booki

Have my owners manual and found what I think is the upper and lower triple clamp torque specs, but would like to confirm before tightening them down. (See attached). Looking at the Upper and Lower flange torque specs.

I like to loosen and retorque my forks after each ride (drop :p) to make sure everything is all aligned up correctly - torque the bolts to the correct torque is also important.

Also in the manual it says "Link", which I assume is linkage, and all the nuts are at 80nm - This sounds about right, but would like to confirm before bringing down the torque.

Attachments

• torquespecs.jpg
    torquespecs.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for sharing the workshop manual, but i can't find anything about the suspension in it, seems to be only engine related.

Have my owners manual and found what I think is the upper and lower triple clamp torque specs, but would like to confirm before tightening them down. (See attached). Looking at the Upper and Lower flange torque specs.

I like to loosen and retorque my forks after each ride (drop :p) to make sure everything is all aligned up correctly - torque the bolts to the correct torque is also important.

Also in the manual it says "Link", which I assume is linkage, and all the nuts are at 80nm - This sounds about right, but would like to confirm before bringing down the torque.

The settings for the M7 bolts are quite similar to what I use on my 2015 so I guess they are correct.

Bumping this up - I have my front wheel off and want to torque up the pinch bolts for the axel. Do you think it is the "foot fork" at 15nm?

Do you use a torque wrench on every bolt? :D :D

I do for the triple clamps.. and on engine internals. The rest I simply tighten until tight.

Engine internals and suspension bolts especially upper and lower fork pinch bolts.

I always had this thought that if its too tight it could damage my fork and too loose it will slide out and kill me :D:D

Do you use a torque wrench on every bolt? :D :D

I do for the triple clamps.. and on engine internals. The rest I simply tighten until tight.

That is what I do as well, but I have checked my hand calibration with a torque wrench and it is correct... 🤣 for the most part almost all of us can tell what is tight, but there are some monkeys that will just keep turning until the head snaps off...

That is what I do as well, but I have checked my hand calibration with a torque wrench and it is correct... �� for the most part almost all of us can tell what is tight, but there are some monkeys that will just keep turning until the head snaps off...

You know it!

So many variables with lubed and dry threads, threads not clean, etc too.

I've also done a bit of testing, my tight vs wrench and doesn't seem to be too far off. I think using a smaller driver and some feel helps. Bigger tools offer big leverage and not much feedback.. Easy to give it a bit too much.

Back