Desert 100 4/6-7 Who's going?

desert 100

I finally got the results, somehow I managed 70th, out of 221. Pretty happy with that. I would have been happy with 150th.
It makes me want to train harder, and try to place better next year.

Desert 100

That had to be the dustiest race I have ever been to. To make matters worse my bike didn't want to start and I was probably close to last at the first corner. Have no idea what was wrong. Never done that before and hasn't done it since. Also popped my front tire the first hour. Pressed on and finished 43rd. Can't believe how much dirt I ate. Had fun though. Hope to make it back next year. Pray for rain.
Dave
GG300
LTR tuned kyb forks

d100

That had to be the dustiest race I have ever been to. To make matters worse my bike didn't want to start and I was probably close to last at the first corner. Have no idea what was wrong. Never done that before and hasn't done it since. Also popped my front tire the first hour. Pressed on and finished 43rd. Can't believe how much dirt I ate. Had fun though. Hope to make it back next year. Pray for rain.
Dave
GG300
LTR tuned kyb forks

43rd is great! I am sure my finish was mostly luck, and a little skill. I had decided I wasn't going to race, and on race morning, A neighboring racer decided not to Race, and offered up his race entry. How could I turn down a free entry. I took my time, and just tried to choose good lines-worked some of the time :(. I ate S**T 3 times.

I was worried about fuel, but luckily my slow pace is easy on gas. I still had about 3 qts left after the lap. And yes rain would be nice, but usually it doesn't rain enough to get rid of the dust.

Desert 100

I'll be there. Prepping my 06-300 for its last season of racing. Putting it out to pasture after this season and buying a new one in 2016.

D100

Almost here!! I will be there Thurs-Sun, stop by and say Hi. I will be there on vendor row, working a booth for my shop. I will be riding a pumpkin though, we'll see how that goes.

Another thing, I was looking through Photos by steve. The race photographer, and in last years race photos. He has a GASGAS section. The only picture in it was me ! pretty stoked about that, and it was a good shot. I may have to buy it.

I will be camping in my VW Westy, so should be easy to notice.

Back