District 17 Racers

singletracker

Is anyone else planning on racing some HS and enduros in District 17 this year?

I'm planning on racing 3 or 4 HS, and 8-10 enduros this year. My first race will be at Belleville, IL on March 18. I'm looking forward to riding somewhere other than on my own trails, and with other people around. I've been riding solo all winter.

Here's a picture of one of my open trails. Most of my trails are considered tight by most, but I have some fast ones, and a grass track which are all located on 80 acres. Let me know if you are interested on checking my trails out some time. I'm about an hour east of St. Louis, Mo.

Attachments

• home ride 2.jpg
    home ride 2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Im located in newburgh, IN. We have 12 mile of knarly strip mine single track. Your welcome to ride w us any time. I race national enduros so we arent around all the time. Just let me know.

Sounds good. I'm always looking for new places to ride.

I plan on going to the Park Hills, MO and the Muddobbers national enduros this year. It looks like you are awfully close to LEOR, Crab Orchard, IL, have you ever been to their enduro? It was a good time last year.

You're welcome to come here also. I haven't checked the mileage lately, but I would guess I have around 8-10 miles of trails with a creek and some decent hills. It's mostly 2-3 gear stuff, but there are some bar banging sections, and you might hit 4th or 5th a couple of times.

Yea, ill be at missouri this yr. good race. The crab orchard ground used to be atlot better. They have a mid south hare scramble there but never a enduro. Its a cool place to check out.

Sure they do. I went to an enduro there last year, and another one a few years ago. This year it's listed on the District 17 schedule for 7/29/12. Last year they had about an 11 mile all offroad loop, and we went around it 4 times (restart format). I'll be there again this year.

It was mostly single track, but there are some sections that you could drive a truck through also. I had a really good time there last year until the race was over. They are really slow when it comes to scoring, but maybe they will be better this year.

You poor guy, you've already missed Keithsburg. It's the most favorite HS of the D17 schedule. But you're in luck, they're running there again in a couple of weeks.:D

Dang it! I can't believe I missed it again, and I'm sure I have something to do in a couple of weeks. Give me a minute and I'll think of something....I mean remember what it is. Keithsburg is the most awesome sand whoop track in the entire midwest. Oh well, maybe next year.

Yea, ill be at missouri this yr. good race. The crab orchard ground used to be atlot better. They have a mid south hare scramble there but never a enduro. Its a cool place to check out.

As singletracker said... they have the "Big Dawg" Enduro in the late summer/early fall timeframe every year. I live in Carmi IL so we ride there often. The trouble there is, they will find some really good single bike sections and link them up with some of the "transfer" sections that the sideXsides use. we'll try to go back and ride the course weeks later but the park has been open for usual riding after the race and the utility quads will go where they can and make highways out of some once good track.:mad:

I'm glad they close the place down on raceday.

Video added

Here's a little footage of my trails. My wife didn't have much time to play with me that day, so I didn't get any shots of the more technical/tighter sections. BTW, the date is wrong it was shot in 2012. It would be cool to have some guys over one of these days for a ride. I checked the miles yesterday, and I have about 9 miles of trails including a 3/4 mile grass track.
http://youtu.be/rSkVLiiZXew

Back