Do not use Purple Power to clean your air filters

Zman

Platinum Level Site Supporter
FYI I found that Purple Power cleaner dissolves the glue that holds some foam air filters together.

If your not using No-Toil I highly recommend it. So easy to use I kick myself in the butt for not switching years ago.

So it doesn't do well on No Toil glue but is fine on other makes (Twin Air, for example)?

What's the cleaning routine with Purple Power?

I just tried the Bel-Ray cleaner for the first time and it works better than anything i have ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your not using No-Toil I highly recommend it. So easy to use I kick myself in the butt for not switching years ago.
I had to kick myself the other day.
Been using notoil for years. But recently bought a new filter to add to the collection. Had a few months off the bike and decided to clean my filters and of course the first filter I chose to wash with notoil cleaner was the pre-oiled twin air I had just bought ... it is really hard to clean normal filter oil with notoil cleaner :-/

im actually about to go away from no toil after years of trouble free use. i now live in a area with alkiline water and all my filters have fallen apart and had the foam fall to bits... even new ones. only using no toil cleaner.. costing me a fortune in aircleaners, when i used to get years out of em....
going back to belray and kero...... :(:confused:

I am lucky since I have clean mineral spirits at hand anytime , nothing is better than that .:D

Sorry I do not have a list of the different filters brands that the Purple Power cleaner unglued. The Purple Power is a good engine degreaser but just not good for all air filters. I did buy some of the Belray filter cleaner yesterday in hopes to not come unglued again.

I have used pj1 aerosol cleaner for a few years - I really like it. Spray it on - squeeze the filter and rinse it off. Totally clean. After it dries - then hit it with aerosol spray oil...

jeff

Back