Does not idle or rev

Binni

Need advice, my bike will not idle, the air screw has little or no effect, also the motor doesn't run good in high rpm, the bike starts up first kick and is fine in the midrange. The main is 178, pilot 42,needle pos 3, and the float hight looks to be around 16mm, sea level, temp around 40F. It's a GG EC300 '07, please help.
Binni

ummm

clogged pilot jet? although I'm not sure that would effect the high rev issue?

pull reed gage out and verify they (reeds) are completly closed by holding them up and trying daylight through where they close at. also look to see if the edges are frayed.

I would check and or replace muffler packing as my 07 had similar issues until I changed the muffler to a powercore 2.
Cheers Mark

pilot jet too rich, or clogged could be the idle issue. bad reeds usually make it run bad all over, and hard to start.... top end issue could be something else. did it run fine before or is this an ongoing problem?

Just bought this bike, it's only got about 700 miles on it, it hasn't been used for about a year. It starts fine I took it for a few blasts and Its running better but still only idles with the adjuster screw almost all the way in (not the air screw) I think I will check the muffler. I want to put a Q-Stealth on it - anyone got opinion on sound level?

Back