EC 300 06 standard carb details

hillbilly

Looking to get a cck needle and jets as per info ihave found on here but need to know carb model number /ident etc to give parts supplier in uk. Doesn't know what I'm talking about re needle especially.
Or does anyone have different ident or equivalant for cck needle that someone might recognize in uk.
cheers
simon

Looking to get a cck needle and jets as per info ihave found on here but need to know carb model number /ident etc to give parts supplier in uk. Doesn't know what I'm talking about re needle especially.
Or does anyone have different ident or equivalant for cck needle that someone might recognize in uk.
cheers
simon

Got mine from Allens performance, give them a bell, top service.

http://www.allensperformance.co.uk/index.html

Reckon you're after a CCK needle for a Keihin PWK36, dunno what an indent is?
My '06 300 runs a 175 main and a 40 pilot, with the CCK needle, sweet as. for 0 to 300m above sea level.

thanks for that. Had spoken to Allenperformance the other day and they were asking for carb details, model, type, size etc so was trying to get as much info as possible to give hime to make sure i got right needle and jets.
Wasn't indents I was asking for it was ident as in identifying numbers etc rather than just the cck for needle, is it known as something different in uk etc.?
Your set up sounds good, did it make a big difference over standard, especially bottom end / idle?
cheers
simon

Yes the bottom end is now much better. This coupled with the large volume power valve cover made a much sharper bottom end to the rev range.

How do you know if it is standard? What jetting / needle is in it, mine came with a N1EF needle originally with a 180main, 48 pilot and ran like crap.

cheers
simon

I just looked at this website

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Gas Gas/gas_gas_ec_300 06.htm

it says your carb is a PWK38 which is the same as my 05 EC250 carby

Back