EC400 Won't Start

motobrox

My EC400 was starting fine until a couple of days ago. All the updates are fitted, so it's not down to that. When I switch the key on, the injector doesn't prime itself, n'or does the fuel pump kick in. The battery is reading 13.5V, same reading at all the fuses. That's as far as I've got, any advice is more than appreciated (won't bump start either) :confused:

Mine is doing something similar its priming but as soon as you go and kickstart or use the magic button the relay clicks like mad constantly.
My battery is only lasting a day and its a new one somethings draining it could be the relay thats causing it.
Is there anywhere in the U.K that sells the relays as i have typed all the details thats on the relay and get nothing.
Thanks Lee

Mine is doing something similar its priming but as soon as you go and kickstart or use the magic button the relay clicks like mad constantly.
My battery is only lasting a day and its a new one somethings draining it could be the relay thats causing it.
Is there anywhere in the U.K that sells the relays as i have typed all the details thats on the relay and get nothing.
Thanks Lee

Fiat dealers believe it or not, use the number on the side starting 46 as the part number (lot cheaper than Gas Gas)

In saying that, my problem turned out to be kill switch had worn out. The fuel pump should prime every time you press and release the kill button, mine's worked when I turned the key on, but was erratic / non existant when I pushed the kill. Test your relay by holding one of the bottom prongs against the poss term of the battery, then connect a wire from the neg to the other side, you should hear it close the circuit with the electromagnet. Disconnect the fuel pump so you can hear this, it's quiet. If that works I would look the kill switch, mine looked fine but it was still causing reistance and no starty. Got a 2nd hand one from Bike Tech for £20 and we're back in play :)

Back