Electric Starter Kit

StuJohnson

This came off a 2012 300.
Everything works, except I think it needs a new Bendix.

Sale for $250 OBO + $10 shipping (in the US). Can ship international, as long as buyer pays for shipping & fees.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382552560770.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382552560770.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 155
Will this fit an 07 EC300?

I am not sure if the newer estarter will fit an 07.
My understanding is the motor have not changed too much over the years.

Reach out to "twowheels" or "jakobi"- They both have a lot of knowledge on these bikes.

Same starter in 07. The reason it's not listed as 07+ is for mounting the battery and airbox conversion. You need a battery tray. Motor is the same. You could probably buy a fse subframe that would allow mounting the battery without updating the rest of the bike. You also will need a wiring harness to fit it up too.

I know sweet FA about electrics.. I've been forced to learn a little but without owning an E-start the knowledge base isn't there, however as per previous comment by djroggen, the mechanical assembly should bolt up without issue (as long as you have a 2K3 ignition). You'll need to run soime wiring for a starter switch/button and build a battery box.

This came off a 2012 300.
Everything works, except I think it needs a new Bendix.

Sale for $250 OBO + $10 shipping (in the US). Can ship international, as long as buyer pays for shipping & fees.

What all does it take to remove starter? What needs to be purchased and what all gets removed? I have a 12 ec250 that im thinkin weight savings might be worth it.

Thanks

What all does it take to remove starter? What needs to be purchased and what all gets removed? I have a 12 ec250 that im thinkin weight savings might be worth it.

Thanks

The simplest solution is a new stator cover. Everything else is wires with an ounce or two of aluminum on the subframe (battery tray). You would want a complete replacement wire harness to save another couple of ounces, but the most weight is saved on the stator cover and the starter itself. Well, and the battery, too, if you want immediate weight savings with little effort.

I have seen guys swap their wire harnesses. It's just a lot of unnecessary wires hanging. Heck I wish I could get rid of my taillight wires. Standard harness swap with estart harness. Even the same years there are some interesting curveballs, but the wires are the same. The connectors, are not always correct. It is almost as if each harness is shipped without connectors and at the assembly line they install them. I make it sound bad, but the one I saw only needed 2 connectors swapped.

Nice to Have a Button But....

My other bike (CRF250X) has an e-start and it comes in real handy when hanging off the edge of the trail.
It would be nice to have a button on the new bike (EC300) but, the work and added weight doesnt seem worth it. The EC has a Rekluse so stalls on the trail should be nil. Repair of the kicker gears is underway so I can start the old fashioned way!

Thanks for everyones input tho!

Back