Extreem Enduro Pipe Protection

fixmare

Hi Guys,

Next weekend i want to go to austria to ride the "Erzberg" i dont fount any pipe protection that helps for bending, so i make my own version! what do you think?

Attachments

• P6030035.jpg
    P6030035.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 282
  • P6030034.jpg
    P6030034.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 276
I love it, nice work.

For those of us who don't possess your skills, I use this guard from Hyde Racing

hp_exg_78_r_h.jpg

I really like the look of the Hyde unit. Are they a PITA to remove/install for routine engine maintenance?

Great work fixmare! In the USA we call that a cow catcher, and it looks more than capable of doing the job!

I really like the look of the Hyde unit. Are they a PITA to remove/install for routine engine maintenance?

They are a little bit of work to remove, 3 skid plate clamps and two pipe clamps. I just made the drain hole a little larger and I don't have to remove it for oil changes.

The best part is that as a combo unit(skid plate and pipe guard) it seems to keep the pipe in better shape and doesn't allow it to get misaligned

Fixmare,

That is excellent work! I would love to have one of those.

Andoman,

The Hyde is PIA to R&R because the mounts suck. I made different mounts and its easier. I'm going to order a Hyde for an '11 and try to fit it to my '12, I can't ride without a pipe guard here. I may make some kind of hybrid with the hyde and the AXP plate it comes with that matches the frame. I agree with motoCNH, for me it works well and my pipe is in great shape. The nice thing about the new bikes is the mounting tabs on the frame, that solves the biggest problem of R&R, holding the bar in place and lining up the bolts/holes.

Hi Guys,

Next weekend i want to go to austria to ride the "Erzberg" i dont fount any pipe protection that helps for bending, so i make my own version! what do you think?
That my friend, is very cool. It looks like an old school crash bar, for big adventure bikes...I like it!!!

here in bc canada those are quite common accessories on a 2 stroke. we do so much log hopping whether riding or racing, that missing a wheelie and smashing your pipe into a log is all to frequent around here. i've go the hollow tube and the pipe bender out right now fabbing up one for my 300.

In Hawaii too. I'd be in the market if a production unit was available, I've been looking for awhile. Whipps in Austrailia does not make a GG unit.

Yes, I've seen that before. The plate design is nice but the mounting arrangement looks overcomplicated. If I had a Tig welder I'd redesign the mount and go for it. Scorpion Steve made one for his own bike, but decided it was too expensive to produce. I suggested an alternative, simple and cost effective option would be a heavy(like the skid plate) alloy pipe guard cradle that attaches to any existing alloy skid plate and frame with a few high strength bolts.

Just about every other bike here in Hawaii has the same type pipe guards.

The good ones have the rods extend over the bottom of the skid plate, makes it easier to glide over logs.

I still have not built one for my bike...may or may not get around to it.

does somebody know wheer I can get a pipe protection for my EC144, it is the same like the EC125 pipe.
A small normal carbon guard should be enough

Thanks, but I asked already my buddy un Oregon USA and I found 1 from Mecasystems.
When I can not get some, I will as your friend.

Back