F.S. HID ballast bulb and socket

widebear

Banned
Sold

I have a hid ballast with bulb-socket assembly that i used to build my first high perf lighting system a few years ago. The bulb was retro fitted into a big hella rally lamp but the whole concept while throwing an amazing ammount of light was just to heavy and cumbersome to be truely desirable even though I did use it on a 24 hour race bike to very good effect until the reg packed it in at 1am. In the last week I've built two hid retrofits one for my new beta and one for cactusreid's ktm 525 dual sport. we will be taking these bikes to Mexico in Feb these lights work awesome, a little to awesome the prob being there is no way in Gods great earth that you could use these lights in traffic, they are way to bright and blinding. So today I took the big Hella apart and decided to put them both up for sale.
Here are the particulars.
The good. Japanese built Denso unit. No Chinese garbage here.Hid's run cool and use very little power and the bulbs dont have filiments so are less prone to damage from vibration.
The bad.The wires from the control unit to the socket have been cut but have been rejoined using silver solder and covered with three layers of shrink tube and wrapped in silicone tape.everything works great!
You will need to run a 2K3 as a clean 50 watts at 4 amps is required to keep thing stable.
A later model gasgas halogen or baja designes lens will be reqired, the cheezy reflector in the early gasgas headlights does nothing and will just negate any gains in going to hid.
You will need a 12 volt dc power supply, that means reg rectifier a battery or capaciter and you will have to float your ground.
I'm offering up the ballast and bulb for $60.00 plus shipping.
The capaciter that I have replaces a battery for the required amperage to fire the light. $ 20.00 sold
If Wence doesn't take the reg-rect it $40.00 its a brand new trail tech. SOLD

Last edited:
I have a hid ballast with bulb-socket assembly that i used to build my first high perf lighting system a few years ago. The bulb was retro fitted into a big hella rally lamp but the whole concept while throwing an amazing ammount of light was just to heavy and cumbersome to be truely desirable even though I did use it on a 24 hour race bike to very good effect until the reg packed it in at 1am. In the last week I've built two hid retrofits one for my new beta and one for cactusreid's ktm 525 dual sport. we will be taking these bikes to Mexico in Feb these lights work awesome, a little to awesome the prob being there is no way in Gods great earth that you could use these lights in traffic, they are way to bright and blinding. So today I took the big Hella apart and decided to put them both up for sale.
Here are the particulars.
The good. Japanese built Denso unit. No Chinese garbage here.Hid's run cool and use very little power and the bulbs dont have filiments so are less prone to damage from vibration.
The bad.The wires from the control unit to the socket have been cut but have been rejoined using silver solder and covered with three layers of shrink tube and wrapped in silicone tape.everything works great!
You will need to run a 2K3 as a clean 40 watts is required to keep thing stable.
A later model gasgas halogen or baja designes lens will be reqired, the cheezy reflector in the early gasgas headlights does nothing and will just negate any gains in going to hid.
You will need a 12 volt dc power supply, that means reg rectifier a battery or capaciter and you will have to float your ground.
I'm offering up the ballast and bulb for $60.00 plus shipping.
The capaciter that I have replaces a battery for the required amperage to fire the light. $ 20.00
If Wence doesn't take the reg-rect it $40.00 its a brand new trail tech.
There you have it,I will sell seperately or together.

I will take the rec/reg and probably the cap as you said earlier unless I can get an equivalent cap from work, but the reg/rec is sold. Hopefully the shipping won't be a killer( I am sure it wouldn't be a lot as it will only be a small package).
Sorry everyone and thanks Rick.
Cheers Mark

I will take the rec/reg and probably the cap as you said earlier unless I can get an equivalent cap from work, but the reg/rec is sold. Hopefully the shipping won't be a killer( I am sure it wouldn't be a lot as it will only be a small package).
Sorry everyone and thanks Rick.
Cheers Mark[/QUOTE
Cap and reg/rect sold to Wence. Thankyou

Back