First run on new to me 2011 EC 300

Cdoc

Finally got to take my gasser to some of my favorite single track. My first 2 stroke after years of 4. Impressed but got some learning to do running rich. After about an hour - got comfortable with the change in throttle control etc. What a great bike.

Attachments

• IMG_20150606_101517644.jpg
    IMG_20150606_101517644.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_20150606_092003362_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20150606_092003362_HDR.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 80
Where is this

Haystack Mountain OHV area Ne of Roswell New Mexico on Highway 70. Has a little of everything- slick rock sandstone spots, sandy creeks , hard packed single track, oil field roads to cruise on. Check it out if ever in area.

Awesome looking area, do you get much elevation change in that neck of the woods? I would totally enjoy hitting some of the slick rock stuff, how large is that OHV system?

Talk about completely different than what we see in the coast range of Oregon :D

And I have to ask...see any little green men while you were out riding...LOL?

Ohv

Not a real big area - about 2000 acres . If you were a visitor you would probably get bored and have most trails run after 1-2 days although I find some new routes occasionally I missed. Elevation runs 3000 to 4000 feet.
Mountains to west around Cloudcroft, Ruidoso run 4- 6000 in areas more of a forest environment. Yeah - we look for aliens , you're probably on the lookout for Bigfoot! Have heard Oregon has some great spots.

That is a nice view. Yank that stock seat off and put on a guts seat cover and foam. That stock seat is a medieval torture device.

Mountains to west around Cloudcroft, Ruidoso run 4- 6000 in areas more of a forest environment. Yeah - we look for aliens ,.
Don't give any of those little green fellows a ride if you do they'll get hooked and there goes the planet.

cmon,the seat only hurts if you sit on it!
roll your bars forward,get up on the pegs and ride more single track:D
alternatively sit just off centre and change arse cheeks every now and then!
or get kardashian arse implants and feel no pain ever again;)

Back