float level

drn51

Hi,

The following picture describing how to measure the float, while the carb is tend 45 degree.

Is this correct procedure for the AS2 as well?

Attachments

• 007-9.jpg
    007-9.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 123
Thanks Jakobi, never miss out...

another quistion- the motor tend to die very fast.

I must to keep the throttle a little open with pulled clutch in order to keep the motor alive.

if I increase RPM with the idle screw its affecting only when standing.
once I start riding the the motor is sensitive to switch off again.

the bike is ec300 2011, 42 NEDJ#3 175
2 turn out AS.

Mine does this a little too. Its a combination of the clutch dragging a bit and depending on the riding conditions the engine loading up some. I also have a feeling the vibrations turn my idle screw back just a touch to its comfy point if I bump it up say 1mm.

Double check that the idle screw isn't backing out. Double check the clutch engagement for drag. See if adjusting the air screw half a turn each direction helps too.

I have my idle set really low, it doesn't really stall out unless if I'm at a stand still, in gear and don't give it throttle. As long as the bikes moving forward all is good. In neutral it'll idle all day long.

yea

Also with mine, when neutral he can stay there all day

The problem start when crawling slowly at very technical area.
Than I play a lot with close/open throttle and clutch polled and still need to restart the motor time to time.

Just sounds a bit like rider error to me :p I stall sometimes too in the technical areas. Guess thats why its called technical. You could always try bumping the idle up a touch more which may make it race a bit in neutral, or try experimenting with thinner transmission oils to reduce the drag.

Back