Fuel gauge 06 450

My 06 FSE450 has a fuel gauge on it but am to far away from shop to just take it down for that ,is it a simple setup inside tank?My gauge on the dash registers empty so i gather there is a loose wire somewhere. Do they have a fuel filter in tank ? Any help would go a long way apart from that it's a top bike an can't fault it.:confused:

My 06 FSE450 has a fuel gauge on it but am to far away from shop to just take it down for that ,is it a simple setup inside tank?My gauge on the dash registers empty so i gather there is a loose wire somewhere. Do they have a fuel filter in tank ? Any help would go a long way apart from that it's a top bike an can't fault it.:confused:

I didn't know the 06's had fuel gauges, my '05 just has a low fuel light. Sorry I can't be more helpful except that I understand there is a fuel filter in the tank. I've had the fuel pump out of my tank before and would have to say that I'm surprised at how large it is. If you need to take it out it's pretty easy, when you remove the tank there's just several bolts and a thick rubber gasket, then just pull it out. Since yours has a gauge, maybe there is an extra device inside the tank (float,sensor) that is broken,loose or needs adjusted.
Good luck, gotta go, meeting some friends for a ride today...:)

No gauge in any of them, only low fuel light.
Yes they do have a filter in the tank and a screen also on pump pickup.

Back