G2 Quick Throttle

erniebearskin

Hello fellow Gassers, does anyone have experience with this product? I broke my wrist numerous times in my younger years skateboarding and have fairly limited mobility, pulling WOT is a challenge for me, my last couple of races I had sections I desired to be on the pipe a little sooner. I would like to try but am concerned about its affect on bottom end and controlled situations where I'm 1/4 throttle in uglynasty stuff etc. My hope is, I can fit this and have similar low end control but faster wide open throttle and hopefully on the pipe (and around the course) a little quicker.

I'm a novice Hare Scrambler on a 2011 EC300, thanks for any feedback-Bryan.

http://www.g2ergo.com/dirt-bike-g2-...-throttle-tubes/2-stroke-domino-throttle.html

I have it on my 300 bro, to me it's a must to others it's a waste of money. Really preference. If you ride with us soon you can try my bike

I love mine. I was never a very good rider, and when I made the jump to the 300, i about launched myself over a double the first time I rode my new bike. Yikes. So, i installed the G2, and it changed everything for the better. It's a really well engineered product, too.

Good point Ernie. I think most people use it to slow down the action. If anything I'd like to shorten the pull to WOT as it takes substantial overreach for me to bring it wide open. Sometimes its probably a blessing in disguise :D

I'll add it to the 2013 bling build up :)

Its working out more cost effective just to do an annual overhaul on this bike than upgrading to a new one.

Did you just get the kit with the cams and throttle tube? or the whole housing?

The info is so confusing on their page. I really should have emailed for more clarification. I'm finding it really hard to see the benefit in using the entire throttle housing that is 'modified' for larger cams, when the G2 quick pull says that it works with stock housing? Then you have the G2 Throttle Cam system which says it changes the pull in the first 1/4, but doesn't mention anything about reducing overall travel. Its got me puzzled for sure. Right now feeling like I just wasted a heap of money on the full kit for no real benefit.

I might email them what I just wrote.

#100 cam is stock profile, higher #s slower pull in first half turn, lower #s faster pull.

Weird, the 100 cam doesn't feel like stock? I took it out and put back the 200. Ill check to see if the 100 lobe matches the stock.

Yes do that. Perhaps the stock throttle is different than the older Domino that the G2 #100 cam is referenced too. There are many different variations of that throttle.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

I have used the G2 300 cam profile in my '06 EC300 and my '01 XC300. It greatly reduces the throttle touchiness up to about 1/3 throttle. It is an excellent product for technical riding. I highly recommend it!

Regarding full throttle opening, it does take a bit more rotation with the 300 and 400 series cams to get full throttle. Additionally, the cam and housing had to be modified (by removing material) to allow adequate rotation to get the slide fully open.

I'm running the 200 cam and had no modification to the throttle housing at all however my friends 11 300 had to take a slight bit of material off. Weird theres a variance

I never noticed this problem, but I have always had the older carbs. I too like the #200 cam, with a light flywheel.

They work really well on big 4strokes. I even had one on my Ducati Hypermotard, talk about savage low end snap! It civilized the beast enough to make it a fun commuter without giving anything up.

I've emailed G2 regarding all the variations between models. I'll post the reply up when I get it.

Cheers

Spent a few minutes on the phone with G2 this am, very knowledgeable & helpful he explained difference between the faster (0.25 & 0.50) and slower
(200,300,400) throttle repsonse cams, what to expect etc. I guess the 0.25 cam profile in the Quickturn system was developed with/for Mike Lafferty's 2-stroke.

Jakobi, I also said funk it & ordered myself a Quickturn throttle this morning, they threw in an extra 0.050 cam in case I find it too gnarly. We will see if this acheives what I want, if not he said you can always add 100 cam to get a similar feel to stock.

Trev thanks again for the offer to try yours first but as you can see I have the patience of my 4 year old.

Cool Ernie. Your post makes sense. I have just exchanged a few emails and they have clarified for me too.

Basically the full 2T housing (Quick Turn System) adds response by reducing totally pull by either 20% or 10%. Due to the larger cam profiles the housing needs to be machined.

They offer a Quick Pull tube and cam for the 4T only.

They also offer control cams, which is what the rest of the discussion is about here. They don't reduce the pull at all, but do add control (less response) to the smaller openings.

I'm not sure if I want to take anything away from control. It can be a bit to hold on to when tired already. But would like to reduce total pull.

QUICK-TURN

025 CAM 20% larger radius than stock-not available for CRF/RMZ
050 CAM 10% larger radius than stock

STOCK
100 CAM Same radius as stock

CONTROL

200 CAM 10% smaller radius than stock for first 50% of throttle rotation, then ramps up to stock radius.
300 CAM 15% smaller radius than stock for first 50% of throttle rotation, then ramps up to stock radius.
400 CAM 20% smaller radius than stock for first 50% of throttle rotation, then ramps up to stock radius.

Back