Gaerne SG 10 Fitment Question

Boomhauer

Guys,

I just saw an awesome price on some SG 10 boots. How do these fit? Are they larger than what they are or smaller. I wear my A-stars in a 10.5 which just happens to be my regular shoe size.

Thanks,
Robby

I'm a 10-10.5 as well. I would say you will need the 11. I could fit the 10 but my toes were very close to the end of the boot with a medium weight sock. I tried the 11 which fit fine but the overall boot was so much physically bigger in size than the 10 that it really bugged me to the point I didn't buy them. My foot also had more room inside than I really wanted with the 11. They are very nice boots but just didn't fit my feet right. I bought some Six Six One Flight boots in a size 11 that fit perfect and have been very happy with them. I did not like their fancy Hurricane pivot boots at all.

Check out the new AXO Prime boots. I may try some of those also.

I wear a 9 in Astars and a 9 in the SG10 was snug, almost to the point of uncomfortable. I also broke my ankle in them without ever crashing and a friend broke his ankle in a pair and if you put the xrays up next to each other thier virtually identical breaks. My SG10's are gone now and i'm back to Astars. I wore HiPoints up till the 10's.

Robby, I have SG-10s. I'm an 8.5 to 9 street shoe, bought the 9 SG-10. Its just a hair big but with a thick sock its fine. My feet are really wide though and I think the 8 would have been too small. The boots are physically a bit chunky in any size and need some getting used to with all the plastic, compared to AStars. Great protection though, especially for rock hopping. I blackened my toes several times over the years with AStars.

Also, they tend to chew the crap out of the front of the airbox. I'd add some of that grip tape.

So, depending on your foot width, I'd say the 11. If at all possible try and find a pair to try on first.

I've been looking to get a pair as well, I've heard very few bad things about them and they get great reviews.

The only reason I don't have a pair yet is I can't find them locally. I have never purchased a pair of boots with out trying them on and don't really want to take the chance.

Does anyone know of a brick and mortar seller of these boots in the new england area?

Back