gas gas stator failure ?

klex

Hi I have a 2005 450 fse and i recently believe the stator has failed. not sure as I dont know how to test it. basically i put a ne wbattery in it before a trip. went up to the high sierra 7800ft. after a couple days of tooling around town started back fireing really bad and eventually wouldnt run. I could kich start it after it cooled down but as soon as it got hot popping and puking and dieing . any thoughts ?

Maybe CDI/ECU, or the ignition coil. In my experience stators just go when they're done. CDIs have strange behaviour when they're on their way out, and heat alters said behaviour.

Does the 05 have carburetor? I'm leaning towards non-electrical from what you describe. More fuel or valve related.

It's EFI.
Measure the voltage on the battery when bike isn't running and then when it's running...should be over 13V when running.
When theres no change in the voltage then measure the voltage in the stator wires....three yellow wires. It sould be around 55V AC more or less when revving a little bit.(Do not forget to turn the multimeter to AC!!!)

Back