GasGas Structure Changes In North America

Mark Berg - CPD

Site Sponsor
Gas Gas Motos North America is excited to announce many new changes for the North American Continent in the months and years to come!

Torrot Electric Europa (New parent company of GasGas) has created a new subsidiary in the United States named Torrot NA Inc. This new company will have two branches of operation while still working in some fields together as one.

GGMNA will have a new head office in California to oversee Gas Gas enduro and trial sales while distribution of parts, garments and accessories will be merged into a new larger facility in Watertown, SD. These logistic changes alone will help give Gas Gas and its parent company an opportunity to brand the name, grow its dealership network along with helping the customer obtain parts for any of his or her Gas Gas fleet from one supported dealership!

GGMNA is excited to be covering Canada as well, effective April 1st, 2016 for both trials and enduro! Unit distribution will come out of Toronto, Canada while PG &A support will come from the Watertown, SD for the immediate future.

Rod Overstreet is our National Sales Manager for enduro/trials/Torrot products and will be covering Canada as well, until we are ready to hire a Canadian Sales Manager. New staff have been hired and new logistics software has been purchased to support the new warehouse which starts operations May 1st.

Gas Gas USA (Current trials) will distribute the first container of trials due to contractual agreements. After the first container, Mr Malesek will continue to be involved with Gas Gas in a new role.

I would like to personally thank Dale Malesek for his 20 plus years as trials distributor for the US market and look forward to working with him at the trials events as he continues to support Gas Gas and competes in the national competitions! Please, if you have the chance, meet him and thank him for all the years of work!

Jim Snell as well has been a vital and key role to GasGas's success here in the US. His video's, knowledge, and mechanical expertise will be greatly missed and it will be very difficult to find someone to fill his role! The best of future wishes for Rising Sun Imports!

Torrot realizes the potential in North America and its an exciting time for Gas Gas in North America!

Gas Gas Motos North America is excited to announce many new changes for the North American Continent in the months and years to come!

Torrot Electric Europa (New parent company of GasGas) has created a new subsidiary in the United States named Torrot NA Inc. This new company will have two branches of operation while still working in some fields together as one.

GGMNA will have a new head office in California to oversee Gas Gas enduro and trial sales while distribution of parts, garments and accessories will be merged into a new larger facility in Watertown, SD. These logistic changes alone will help give Gas Gas and its parent company an opportunity to brand the name, grow its dealership network along with helping the customer obtain parts for any of his or her Gas Gas fleet from one supported dealership!

GGMNA is excited to be covering Canada as well, effective April 1st, 2016 for both trials and enduro! Unit distribution will come out of Toronto, Canada while PG &A support will come from the Watertown, SD for the immediate future.

Rod Overstreet is our National Sales Manager for enduro/trials/Torrot products and will be covering Canada as well, until we are ready to hire a Canadian Sales Manager. New staff have been hired and new logistics software has been purchased to support the new warehouse which starts operations May 1st.

Gas Gas USA (Current trials) will distribute the first container of trials due to contractual agreements. After the first container, Mr Malesek will continue to be involved with Gas Gas in a new role.

I would like to personally thank Dale Malesek for his 20 plus years as trials distributor for the US market and look forward to working with him at the trials events as he continues to support Gas Gas and competes in the national competitions! Please, if you have the chance, meet him and thank him for all the years of work!

Jim Snell as well has been a vital and key role to GasGas's success here in the US. His video's, knowledge, and mechanical expertise will be greatly missed and it will be very difficult to find someone to fill his role! The best of future wishes for Rising Sun Imports!

Torrot realizes the potential in North America and its an exciting time for Gas Gas in North America!

Exciting times!

Definitely exciting times :D

Mark - any chance you can expand on the decision to put the head office in CA? More curious than anything, would have thought something like that might be in the midwest neck of the woods given your location.

Super cool regardless, so great to see Torrot getting infrastructure in place for future GG growth :cool:

Shocking...of all places West Coast...California! WOW would have NEVER seen that coming! So, is the writing on the wall for a push for more California dealers??

Sure hope so!!!

Good luck gents!!! You guys have been through the good, bad and ugly!! Looking forward to hearing more!

Well done!

Very cool to have Rod involved in Canadian sales (even though it's more on his plate for now). Personally, I'm glad to have some facet of GasGas back in Ontario too.

Definitely exciting times :D

Mark - any chance you can expand on the decision to put the head office in CA? More curious than anything, would have thought something like that might be in the midwest neck of the woods given your location.
:

The CEO of Torrot had originally lived in the US when creating their other carbon fiber business and factory! When I met Ivan (CEO) in November, the first sentence he said to me is he and his wife miss the USA and can't wait to move back! I assumed that meant in a few years, but they already have plans to move to California this summer, thus their will be an office in Cali, close to the magazines and everyone else.

The distribution and main office will be in South Dakota, just one hour from me. We are moving it there for mainly 3 reasons.

1. South Dakota ranks as one of the best places for business's taxes, workers comp, low overhead.
2. Fed Ex hub and UPS hub so we can finally have later pick up times compared to 12 pm now...it will be 5 pm so we can get most orders out same day.
3. Employment pool is much better, city of 35k plus compared to my resort/retirement town of 1800 people.

The CEO of Torrot had originally lived in the US when creating their other carbon fiber business and factory! When I met Ivan (CEO) in November, the first sentence he said to me is he and his wife miss the USA and can't wait to move back! I assumed that meant in a few years, but they already have plans to move to California this summer, thus their will be an office in Cali, close to the magazines and everyone else.

The distribution and main office will be in South Dakota, just one hour from me. We are moving it there for mainly 3 reasons.

1. South Dakota ranks as one of the best places for business's taxes, workers comp, low overhead.
2. Fed Ex hub and UPS hub so we can finally have later pick up times compared to 12 pm now...it will be 5 pm so we can get most orders out same day.
3. Employment pool is much better, city of 35k plus compared to my resort/retirement town of 1800 people.

Thanks for the info. Sounds exciting and clearly nobody has been sitting on their hands. Best of luck and I'm looking forward to what is on the horizon.

Happy to see canada being mentioned. I've only had my bike for a year but its been somewhat frustrating at times seeing there is no dealer in my province.

That being said in january 2019, after 20 as a mechanic in the military i'll be looking for a new job. Just saying...

Interesting to see how this will play out in western Canada . Don't know numbers but Gasgas pacific has been the driving force with his passion and commitment to Trials and hare scrambles.

I am also very interested in how things will work out for Gasgas Pacific. Dave Fair is a great guy. He eats, sleeps and breathes GasGas and is a true ambassador for the brand. Dave has gone out of his way several times to really help me out. He has a really cool shop on Vancouver Island that is different from the normal big multi brand corporate style places.
I really hope that GasGas Pacific continues on. It is one of the big reasons that I have stayed with GasGas. I bought a 2014 Factory Replica 300 from GasGas Pacific last fall even though things were looking very grim for the brand.

Canada

I couldn't agree with you guys more about Dave Fair! Great guy, always personable on the phone even though throughout the years we've never met! He has shown me pictures of where he lives and I'm afraid if i went to visit, i would never want to leave the area!

We are in constant communication with Dave and hopes are that he remains part of the program in one version or another. Will keep you posted!

Great news about the future of the Gas Gas brand, especially having the main bike dealer for the country here in CA where I am. One thing I didn't get clear on was the separation between trials and enduro? Up to now they are almost two separate businesses but it sounds like now they will be put together for both bike sales (CA) and parts (SD). Is this correct?

I have a local trials dealer I like and ride with (Adrian and Mandy at Lewisport) and am curious if they will become my go-to for all of it (parts, bikes). I'm assuming that parts orders will be going through dealers as was established a year or two ago.

Thanks Mark

Back