Getting used to my new Gasser 2011 EC250

Troy F collins

I thought I better get a ride report out... but I have been busy riding and getting used to the Gas Gas way of doing things :)

First off I have always been a 125 guy for many reasons.....but thats another story.....

I did order my 2011 EC250 very early and I have the Sach's set up with 48's on the front....with revised calibrations they work very well with minimal deflection....the shock works as expected as well...as I am used to it on my Husky's

Riding for the first time most noticeable is the light feel and precise front end....with strong low end performance you can loft the front wheel and place it wherever you like...which suit's my riding style.....

Also impressive is the fit and finish..... the HD graphics..feel of the controls and the ease of use as I was able to get on with it right away..I felt right at home...the only problems I had was getting used to the big power..as I was over shooting the corners:D

The motor doesnt seem to have the upper RPM hit of some 250's..but its extremely strong in the lower and mid where it does its best work..its quiet and the clutch action is a blessing.....the motor is extremely well balanced and my jetting was only off by 1 clip at 2500 ft....so that was sorted quickly
but at 6000 ft I needed a smaller main...which took a little longer to change .....still pretty close

the cable choke works well and is second nature if your used to magura controls on a 4 Stroke.....

I had to cut off a small portion of the rear master cyl threads to get the brake pedal low enough for me...I also moved the bars furthest forward...but the bike in general feels very good and compact.....but roomy enough for a 6 footer like me

I was surprised to see the bike came with a decent fanny pack..CR rom manual....lots of jets..and some good tools as well.....I did add a trail tech and a mudflap tailamp assy all of which was plug and play

Overall I must admit those Gas Gas folks are a pretty classy bunch...and this machine has a very distinctive feel and execution to it...very impressed

I am all prepped and ready to roll for the weekend.....

thanks Clay...and Scott(Ross Rocher sales) and Dave Fair

I have some pics and vids some dry desert..and also high altitude muckfest stuff

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/kingfisher2010/?action=view&current=Gasser2.mp4

http://s935.photobucket.com/albums/ad198/kingfisher2010/?action=view&current=gasser3.mp4

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/thumpertalk2008/?action=view&current=newgasser1.mp4

kx65006.jpg

kx65010.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's one smart look'n bike I must say. Kinda blends right in with those other red ones.
notworthy.gif

Good write up Troy and I'm glad we have another Gasser member to our fold.
Almost missed that video link right under your pictures. Hey I recognize that squeaky helmet cam of yours.
lol.gif

I had to cut my rear master too. The back pedal just would not go low enough for me. Glad you got you jetting sorted out. I ran mine for a good 6 hrs before I did it. But that low bottom pull is so so nice.

Enjoy your new ride but don't let your other babies sit too long, they might feel neglected :D

cheers.gif

Now that's one smart look'n bike I must say. Kinda blends right in with those other red ones.
notworthy.gif

Good write up Troy and I'm glad we have another Gasser member to our fold.
Almost missed that video link right under your pictures. Hey I recognize that squeaky helmet cam of yours.
lol.gif

I had to cut my rear master too. The back pedal just would not go low enough for me. Glad you got you jetting sorted out. I ran mine for a good 6 hrs before I did it. But that low bottom pull is so so nice.

Enjoy your new ride but don't let your other babies sit too long, they might feel neglected :D

cheers.gif

thats a squeaky neckbrace !!!

I forgot to mention the OE metzeler tires work pretty good too

Sweet looking bike Troy. I figured you were gonna like it. You are right on the money with the fit and finish; 1st class bikes. Enjoy!

Hey Troy are the rims on the bike shiny or are they the matt finish like the 2010's?

The rims are gloss black shiny.....also some fancy rim decals came separately with the bike for added bling......I didnt put them on though

Otherwise it went together out of the crate very well and everything fit perfectly.....lots of nice touches and its nice to look at for sure

Hey Troy,
I have to admit it's pretty cool to see a bike we brought in inside someone's garage. I'm glad you like the bike!
Thanks for the photos.
Clay

Troy,

I noticed the black counter sprocket guard/clutch case saver. It appears to be a machined aluminum guard. Is this correct? Also, is this the stock OE guard?

Great looking bike. I just picked up a 2010 a couple of weeks ago and have the same thoughts as you. I also came from a 125 Husky. One question where did you get the taillight? I would like to get one for running enduros.

Thanks

Chris

Great looking bike. I just picked up a 2010 a couple of weeks ago and have the same thoughts as you. I also came from a 125 Husky. One question where did you get the taillight? I would like to get one for running enduros.

Thanks

Chris

The tailamp mudguard is a DRC ANATO...its super bright and the connector plugs right in to the Gas Gas harness connector under the seat...pretty slick it was about $55 bucks....

Thanks how did you mount the fender? I assume you needed to cut of the mounting tabs under the fender to make it work.

Thanks how did you mount the fender? I assume you needed to cut of the mounting tabs under the fender to make it work.

I left the stubs under the fender intact....and hogged out the Tailamp/mudflap to fit with a drilled hole to start and die grinder...I figured that was the best compromise....

Back