Getting used to my new Gasser 2011 EC250

Another handsome tail light option is the Acerbis LED unit. It's only $35 U.S. and is very thin with a nice mudflap area that can hold a plate. It also needs to be modified to fit the rear fender mounting tabs. It has tail and brake light, and is very bright. What it doesn't offer is the nice form fitting grab handles that the stock unit provides.

Another handsome tail light option is the Acerbis LED unit. It's only $35 U.S. and is very thin with a nice mudflap area that can hold a plate. It also needs to be modified to fit the rear fender mounting tabs. It has tail and brake light, and is very bright. What it doesn't offer is the nice form fitting grab handles that the stock unit provides.

Agreed.....my DRC led /mudflap failed !!!...as the LED's went dim and then nothing...I wasnt too impressed with the warranty...as I have yet to hear from them...so I bought the Acerbis unit modular and it fit right on without having to hog it out......

As a side note....I had a pretty major crash a few weeks ago....:eek:

I lost the back end on a slippery patch going pretty quick and it swapped out on me... sent me into a fence of all things....I slammed it pretty hard

so three broken ribs..cracked sternum..and coughed up blood for 5 days from a bruised lung....I was one sore puppy :mad:

but the good news is the right footpeg took all the hit(mangled)....and other than a set of pegs and new grips.....the bike got off without a scratch

As for me I was able to ride last weekend albeit slowly...hurt like hell but felt good at the same time....

now its - 12 and major snow

glad I got one last ride in...... that was a close call

Wow sorry to hear about your crash and hope you have a speedy recovery. I ended up getting and wearing one of those armored body suits after my crash which ended with 5 broken ribs, cut spleen, cut liver, and a concussion. Take it easy until you mend up.

Wow sorry to hear about your crash and hope you have a speedy recovery. I ended up getting and wearing one of those armored body suits after my crash which ended with 5 broken ribs, cut spleen, cut liver, and a concussion. Take it easy until you mend up.

I cant stress enough the value of a neck brace as well....I went in headfirst and had a few small bruises on the top of my shoulders when the brace bottomed out.....I was wearing armor as well

My helmet was so beat up I had a good laugh....but another testament to the saying always wear your gear....

I was out riding a week later....but very sore

Biggest problem I have now is trying to get a good nights sleep...broken ribs are a bugger....

Hey Troy wondered where you were...hope you feel better soon. Ya know we just don't heal as quickly as we did when we were 20 yrs. old.:D Didn't have your helmet cam on did ya? That would have been a good one to post up. Was it wet out when you went down? I took a spill a couple of weekends ago. Rolled down a mountain trail for awhile. Had my GoPro on thought it was gonna be a great little vid...but when I got home found out the camera died just before my air time.:mad:
Oh well, riding here could not be better. Every thing is wet (no dust) and snow is just starting to appear at the higher elevations.
Besides your get off how's your new ride? Just love'n mine.

Hey Troy wondered where you were...hope you feel better soon. Ya know we just don't heal as quickly as we did when we were 20 yrs. old.:D Didn't have your helmet cam on did ya? That would have been a good one to post up. Was it wet out when you went down? I took a spill a couple of weekends ago. Rolled down a mountain trail for awhile. Had my GoPro on thought it was gonna be a great little vid...but when I got home found out the camera died just before my air time.:mad:
Oh well, riding here could not be better. Every thing is wet (no dust) and snow is just starting to appear at the higher elevations.
Besides your get off how's your new ride? Just love'n mine.

Your right Dave..older bones take longer to heal...but I only took two days off work....

The day I crashed....I forgot to charge up the batteries..so ex nai on the go pro

The temps were about -7 overnight and with lots of standing water all the puddles were icy...you would end up crashing through the frozen layer on the ponds..only to find a slippery ice layer on the bottom too :eek:....I got too many frozen boot fulls that day

as the temps dropped it really seemed to test the limits of the N1EF needle...as it was overly soft on the bottom(burble) and then you'd get a big wallop.....I have a CCK that I will try....anyone try the CHN needle that came as an option.....??????

Other wise wise the bike is a Gem !!......funny story...after I crashed..a guy on a FE450 Berg picked up my bike and I heard him say "holy Crap is that thing ever light" as he rolled it over to me

I got all my bikes in the basement now....its sledding season here now

I need to get a CCk needle for my son's 300 and I was wondering about the CHN myself; good question. Anybody try one?

Damn man! Glad you are doing better!

Gear up...you never know when you'll crash.

hijack...I have a brand new Alpinestar Bionic neck support that's Wht/blk size Medium, New retail $289.95 I'll sell it for $225.00...end hijack.

I need to get a CCk needle for my son's 300 and I was wondering about the CHN myself; good question. Anybody try one?

looking it up in the specs John.....The CHN is same taper...longer though and three steps thicker(leaner) as well

and in the process I have hyjacked my own thread...lol

Thats ok it's your thread do as you please. Now back to the needle thing LOL where did you pick up your CCK and is it leaner or richer than the stock
N1EF?

Thats ok it's your thread do as you please. Now back to the needle thing LOL where did you pick up your CCK and is it leaner or richer than the stock
N1EF?

Yes John its leaner..but its a straight taper.. I had my buddy fleece the jetting box at work and found one....they get everything from sudco

I also ordered a N3EG...leaner off bottom and mid

tell ya what....I did throw in the CHN and I was able to lower the throttle slide a turn and a half(had to lower the idle)..and the pilot screw became more responsive.....but its been too cold to ride it....so I'm not sure yet

We need more info on the CHN needle....it might be in 2011 kit for another reason...ie euro emission spec....as it is pretty lean looking at the chart

I just want to get rid of the lazy burble off the bottom....followed by the "hit".....as its a handful in the tight stuff

N1EF was workable at lower elevation in warm temps...but not at high elevation at cool temp...for me

Thanks Troy. I think I'll pick up a CCK just to see how it acts. I'll wait until then before I try the CHN that came with the bike. Ours is a 2010 so they may be for emmisions. Our was runnig cleaner and crisper before the weather got cooler with the stock N1EF.

Back