Gifford Pinchot Camp & Ride Report, July 2014

Rode Gifford`s Southend yesterday. Here are some Pics!

Such a great area.

What trails did you guys hit - remember any of the numbers or names?

And holy carp that's a big tree, did the Katoom rider actually do that on his own?

I don't recognize that bridge, so you must have done some trails we haven't hit before. Bet it was a great time :D

Such a great area.

What trails did you guys hit - remember any of the numbers or names?

And holy carp that's a big tree, did the Katoom rider actually do that on his own?

I don't recognize that bridge, so you must have done some trails we haven't hit before. Bet it was a great time :D

We rode the south end out of Horse Camp. Rollie led us around and showed us new trails they had just cut. We were all over and I did GPS it, but I would have to kill you or Rollie would kill me ;) We were on Shark Rock, Boundry, 9300 etc. 4 of us lifted the KTM up on the tree. If you are on FB I have more pictures there.

This is how I always come down from the top with my bike. And I always ask my self why am I up here :eek:

BTW, The bridge is a work of art! It was built by volunteers and was not sanctioned by the forest service. But they were happy it was done.

This is how I always come down from the top with my bike. And I always ask my self why am I up here :eek:
Woof - those heights freak me out; it's that sheer drop that kills me. I've seen plenty of videos of guys doing the switch backs on Shark Rock - kind of K2 crazy...lol.

I have yet to do any of the stuff at the south end by horse camp, did you ride trail 80 (Wright Meadows)? That's one I really want to check out.

The new trails being cut in sound awesome - is it being done by a club in the area, or just the guys that love riding there?

Not on FB...you have a link to share with other shots?

And that bridge is awesome, so cool that a group did that without the forest service peeps :D

I have ridden most everything in GP I suppose. As far as the ledges go, it's easier to be razzed by my buddies. Then explaining to wife how I lost a $ 10,000 bike over the side or why I fell 3000ft and died ;) I will post pictures up to my photobucket and then message you. I have video also. I also have friends who are adventurous in Tillamook. One guy who is an excellent rider, came back Saturday with no shrouds and one less radiator ;)

Back