Grimeca vs AJP master cyclinder

eddy field1

Hi you may of read my other thread about chosing between a TM 144 and a gasser 200. Well i picked the TM which may not help me on this forum haha but the TM one seems to have very little interest.
i love the new bike but the clutch i quite have especially when compered to my old EC 125 it has a grimeca master cylinder and i was wondering if switching to a AJP would help. thanks alot eddy

I guess I'm not clear as to what is wrong with the new clutch. Here's my guess. I doubt the master cyl will change any dragging issues you may have. Is the current one adjustable at all? I'm not familiar with the Grimeca, but I hope you sort it. I'd like to hear what you come up with, and a post of a ride report on the TM.

There's nothing wrong with how the clutch works mechanically im just been picky and would lick it to be lighter after riding gasser it seems heavy haha
I will get a ride report after i get chance to race the bike 7th of march i think

I have wondered why the Gassers have such a light clutch pull. At first I thought it was that they used DOT 4. Then I got another gasser with mineral oil clutch that seemed just as light. I had a Gasser with a Magura clutch master cyl which was also very very light pull. I'm left wondering if the secret is in the springs, or perhaps even the slave cylinder.

I'm no expert...but I would think that the piston size, stroke, and the size of the port holes may have something to do with it.....what da think!

There's nothing wrong with how the clutch works mechanically im just been picky and would lick it to be lighter after riding gasser it seems heavy haha
I will get a ride report after i get chance to race the bike 7th of march i think

The problem is caused by the spring that goes on the plunger in the Grimeca master cylinder. The spring that TM supplies in the clutch service kit is too heavy.

ye could well be that was definitely the master cylinder as ive put a AJP on it and its alot better now, still not as light as my old ec 125 but closer now :)

Back