Home made skid plate, whataya reckon?

not sure how heavy as it was for my old kx, but i never ordered it as i decided to sell and upgrade my life!

they are quite popular down here especially for th e roof of africa extreme enduro with all the rocks. It is also easier to clean than the hyde and much stronger, but you can still get a sneaky rock between the bars.

I have a full hyde at the moment and it is always full of grass and mud and i also have a dent or two through it. I think i am eventually going to go with the hyde sump guard and a p3 carbon fibre guard

finally taken pictures of my stainless skid plateand how it''s mounted unfortunately i not all that good posting pictures so if u can pm me with ur email address i can send them that way

hey noobi
hope those photos helped the rear holes in the skid plate match up with the factory drain holes so i had the nuts tig welded there the plate takes about 30 secs to remove with hex key in cordless drill and less tha 1 min to put on
the only thing not tig welded is the brace across the frame thats arc welded for more strength hope that all helps

I made up a cheapo easy skid plate out of some tinplate. It just goes under the main rails and is hose clamped onto the rails. I just wanted something to protect the crankcase from rocks being flicked up from the front wheel.

For the mud problem, I cut some "louvres" down the centre of the plate, ie three sides of a rectangle cut out, with the uncut side being at the rear, then bent up the inner part a cm or two. All the mud that gets collected just falls out these holes, and the engine is still protected from anything being flicked up from the ground.

Back