House of Horsepower kit has arrived!

My kit has arrived to Finnish customs. But I can't get it out of there cause Richard hasn't sent me the receipt we talked about.

He doesn't answer emails either? Does anyone knows whats going on there or does anyone know him personally that could remind him about it?

He mentioned something about moving...?

Big problem is that in a week customs send it back if I cant cash it out :confused:
I just read this, and have sent Richard a text about this on his cell. Hopefully the number is still good.

My kit has arrived to Finnish customs. But I can't get it out of there cause Richard hasn't sent me the receipt we talked about.

He doesn't answer emails either? Does anyone knows whats going on there or does anyone know him personally that could remind him about it?

He mentioned something about moving...?

Big problem is that in a week customs send it back if I cant cash it out :confused:
OK, check your e-mail. Richard says he sent you and all the other customers from Europe, copies of your invoices this evening.

Good luck.

OK, check your e-mail. Richard says he sent you and all the other customers from Europe, copies of your invoices this evening.

Good luck.

Thank you for that.

But still nothing.... Not even in email trash.

Tried to contact him by Facebook also, but my message shows unread there.

-Joni

Another reason why Rod is awesome!! Do you think anyone else would help you get your 3rd party aftermarket parts through customs?? Awesome job Rod and, let me know as soon as the new bikes hit the states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got the bike out and rode it with the new setup.

Initially had an off idle hesitation, but the temperature has dropped dramatically down here in Texas. We rode at about 44 degrees F.
Some adjustment with the air screw cleaned that up for the most part.

It was a few miles back in on the trail before I was able to really feel the
change in the midrange. This thing is a beast - very snappy. Just looking
at the clutch lights the bike up. A little further and I hit 4th gear and opened
it up. Holy crap - it revs to the moon!

I'm shocked at how this slide/needle/pipe/silencer combo has changed the character of my bike so much - it has really awoken the slumbering giant.
On the way back to the parking area we were on a fire road - I grabbed a handful of throttle in 4th gear, the bike came on the pipe and lifted the front wheel off the ground!

I can't say enough about this setup. Strongly considering a Lectron now as Richard from HoH says it's another important piece in the puzzle. I'm of the opinion that he knows what he is talking about when it comes to these bikes.
It would be hard for me to believe a pipe/silencer would make as big a difference as the HoHP does, unless I experienced it first hand. If you really want to appreciated how much it helps...ride the bike for the next month or so, then swap back to stock P&S for an afternoon.

It would be hard for me to believe a pipe/silencer would make as big a difference as the HoHP does, unless I experienced it first hand. If you really want to appreciated how much it helps...ride the bike for the next month or so, then swap back to stock P&S for an afternoon.

I did the swap back to stock once and I honestly didn't even want to finish the race I was in because my bike just wouldn't GO! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've emailed HoHP and didn't get a reply. Do you know if he makes pipes for the 2001 bikes? I think the mounting points and angles of the pipe are slightly different 98-2004 or so.

I was told that he has retired ? I am not sure but he will be missed by the Gasgas community . Is there someone to take his place ?

He has relocated to Oregon and told me before he left that he won't be making any more Gas Gas pipes/silencers for a while and will be focusing on R&D for other products (Sherco I think he said? Don't quote me on that.) until Gas Gas releases their 2017s. It sounded like a semi-retirement/part time kind of thing. He sold House of Horsepower to someone here in Oklahoma City.

Just spoke with Richard. He will have his computer up and running next week, for those looking for him to reply to e-mails sent while he was in process of moving, or just before.

Got my kit home today.

Box was pretty beat up, but everything else was ok but the box where jetting kit were was broken and even idle jet was bend. Also needle was bend...

I have got the jets, but no JD red needle and I dont know where I can buy one in finland?

Is there an substitute for that needle?

-Joni

How in the heck does a pilot jet get bent like that? I hope you took pictures of the damaged box. If so, file a damage claim with the company who handled the shipping (UPS/ FedEx, etc) Richard SHOULD have complete internet access by this coming week, so let him know about this!

How in the heck does a pilot jet get bent like that?

I was wondering that also. :eek:
When things start to go wrong way, everything is possible.:p

Richard send me new jet and needle. I think its easier for all.

But overall everything went great.
Now i have got the Hohp kit.:D

Back