How to seal a airbox from a ?13 model?

Tom250

hi to all the forum members,

im new in here and this is my first thread. im germand but do live most in romania and bought myself a new gg, pretty happy so far, after several husqvarnas the best bike i had, fits great to what i ride.
my bikes a 13 300e and i almost risked a damaged engine because of the stupid constructed airbox. after a long ride in the wet as i looked after the airfilter i almost fell apart, airbox full with dirty water, mud and sand! lucky it didnt reach the intake! the drainvalve was blocked with sand and mud and didnt let through anything anymore. i started to search from were the water came from and i almost didnt believe what i saw, the rearwheel throws all mud straight into the airbox. theres a 1cm gap were the side of the airbox meets with the innerfender. i needed to ride the bike the other day so i quickly taked some silicon and sealed it, looks ugly but worked so far. i couldnt find anything about that problem in that forum for the 13 models. is just mine wrong or do anybody else have the same problems? i thought about to get some carosserie-sealing-kit and seal everything propper in wintertime.

Welcome and congratulations on your new bike. I do know the gap you are talking about. Grab a tube of silicone sealant and pit a bead of it in the gap all around the box. Next take razor blade or scissors and cut the end of the drain just a bit to open it up some more. I live in one of the driest places in the U.S. but when I wash the bike I get a lot of fine sand and dirt drain out with the water. You can pull that drain out to get a better cut in it.

thanks desertgasser,
forgot to write, already cut out a piece of the drain-lip. since then i didnt have any problem anymore, but its still a tinker-solution. i want to make something more solid.

Back