Idle Input - 2012 300R

StuJohnson

All

My bike is begging me to take her for a ride.

Wanted to share this video and get some input.

I always feel as though she idles a bit high?
Please note I have a Lectron Carb installed so no jetting adjustment except for fine tuning the Rod which is set IMO. Bike rides great with no hesitation or bog. Current settings have been ridden from Sea Level to 6800+ ft.

The thing that bothers me is that as soon as I just drop the idle a hair with the idle adjustment it will die. I don't see this an issue at all but just wanted to share the video. Plus I do have the full Rekluse Core EXP as well so as some of you that do have know that when you put the bike in gear it will bog the motor down some...

Few more notes about what's on the bike.
FMF Fatty
Trusty Big Volume Powervalve Cover
LeoVince Exhaust Pipe

Thanks for looking and providing any feedback you may have.

http://vimeo.com/90063449

And holy cow....had no idea I was balding that bad.....

You look like a cross between Jason Statham and Vanderlei "The Axe Murderer" Silva working on the GasGas.

Nice bike man. Did you find that the PV cover made a noticeable difference?

Was the bike up to temp before tinkering.. If not, no comment.

Get it up to temp properly and run it to where its cleared out and the evaluate. From the video and the bloop hesitation as you initially open the throttle from low revs it sounds lean... A bike thats not up to temp yet will do this too.

Was the bike up to temp before tinkering.. If not, no comment.

Get it up to temp properly and run it to where its cleared out and the evaluate. From the video and the bloop hesitation as you initially open the throttle from low revs it sounds lean... A bike thats not up to temp yet will do this too.

Dammit Jake.... I knew you would catch me... It was kind of warm.... ;)

Will redo again some other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back