Is there a good way to get a one finger pull at the clutch lever?

bondo

Once upon a time, I had an '05 EC 200 (which was an amazing bike).
One of the best features of that bike was a one finger clutch lever pull - just like a trials bike.

Since then, i've acquired an '08 300 that is also a great bike - except the clutch pull is much stiffer.

As far as I could tell, the 200 used all stock parts (clutch springs, slave cylinder, master cylinder - a DOt 4 AJP unit).

Same with the 300, except the 300 uses mineral oil for the hydraulic fluid.

The GG parts list shows the same pert #'s for all of the above parts (except the m/c) on both bikes. I've tried installing different GG OE clutch springs, a different hydraulic line, have rebuilt both the m/c and the slave cylinder,installed an '05 DOT 4 m/c identical to the one on the 200.

No change to the effort at the clutch lever.

By the way, the 200 had all of it's clutch springs And, as I mentioned, the part #'s for those springs are the same for all models. also, have been into the clutch on the 300 just to be sure all is correct. Everything seems normal and within spec.

I would love to have a one finger clutch on the 300 - it's amazing how precise one can be in technical sections with a set-up like that - but don't know what else to try.

Suggestions?

try to apply force more close to the lever end....but must be something wrong with your system....

If the master cyl. and the springs are the same as the 200 the only thing I can think of is either the springs have more preload on them on the 300 or else the slave cyl. is a smaller diameter on the 300.

Back