JD needle dimensions

BryanMcc

can anyone who has ever had a caliper on JD needles give me a hand?
need to the know the taper- im sure it wont be exact but is it closer to like a c taper or closer to a d taper?
how about the diameter? what letter code is it close to?
and the length? what letter code?
several reasons for this: first i spent 20 bucks on JD jetting software that doesnt even include the needles they make and i seem to have lost my blue JD needle anyway. After three emails to them and zero response from them about me buying just a blue needle it looks like thats not going to happen and im surely not going to spend another 75 bucks on another kit for just a blue needle. So if anyone can give me a hand that would be great!

can anyone who has ever had a caliper on JD needles give me a hand?
need to the know the taper- im sure it wont be exact but is it closer to like a c taper or closer to a d taper?
how about the diameter? what letter code is it close to?
and the length? what letter code?
several reasons for this: first i spent 20 bucks on JD jetting software that doesnt even include the needles they make and i seem to have lost my blue JD needle anyway. After three emails to them and zero response from them about me buying just a blue needle it looks like thats not going to happen and im surely not going to spend another 75 bucks on another kit for just a blue needle. So if anyone can give me a hand that would be great!

I'm only shooting from memory here, but Glenn has suggested that a DDK is a good test to see if I'd like the JD Blue without dropping the coin on it. So that might answer your question a bit.

But.. JD won't show their needles dimensions on their spreadsheets for obvious reasons. Its their business and they keep their special blend secret, much like KFC. You're also trying to compare a straight taper needle to a triple taper so you're not going to get a true comparison however hard you try. Hope that helps some.

jd software

ya i know that now lol. It didnt say anything on the software about not having thier needles or else i wouldnt have bought it... Running a DEK in my gas gas now and i like it ok, probably pretty close to the DDK, anyone know for sure on DDK beingt close enough to swap with a JD blue to not mess with the other jetting much?

ya i know that now lol. It didnt say anything on the software about not having thier needles or else i wouldnt have bought it... Running a DEK in my gas gas now and i like it ok, probably pretty close to the DDK, anyone know for sure on DDK beingt close enough to swap with a JD blue to not mess with the other jetting much?

i am pretty sure i have a ddk if you are in the states.. i am running a cek in mine right now and it works great..
let me know...

Back