Jetting (so close!!)

motopsycho87

Hi all!

Just trying to get my jetting right, main seems perfect, and pilot seems fine, only problem I have is if I run the CEK on the middle clip, the idle is a bit too rich, but 1/4 throttle is perfect. If I run on 2nd clip from top, the idle is perfect, but 1/4 throttle response disappears. I've trialled 38, 40 and 42 pilot jets but 40 gets the best idle.

What needle would you recommend? It appears to me I need a longer straight section, but sharper taper to get the 1/4 richer again?

Found a cck needle in my jet box, much richer on the taper, going to try running it 2nd clip and see what I get. Hoping for leaner at idle, richer and part throttle.

Hrmm, that didn't work, tried CGK (I know all 3 are the equivalent of different notch sizes, but the overall length is the same, so I figured they might richen the top end slightly) CGK on 4th clip, idle is much better (2 turns out), accelerating at low speed is incredibly snappy (what I want) but at higher speeds, feels flat when I crack open the throttle... it seems like I can jet differently for road or dirt... is this normal?

I'd go one leaner on the diameter, same length, one richer on the pilot.

CEL#2

As per different conditions, thats how it is. Different engine loads will respond to different fuel loads in different ways. You need to balance it meet your needs. Thats why jetting crisp in the back yard is always lean in the field.

Back