K&N review

motopsycho87

I bought a k&n for my gasser, I was a bit concerned about the amount of water that gets in the airbox, so I sealed the joint between the box and the rear fender. I took the bike put today for 4 hours in horrible slushy muddy ****, and here is a picture of the filter after. Almost spotless! :eek: So many nay sayers on k&n, but I am impressed, and definitely a power improvement over foam, and so much easier to clean!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0207.jpg
    DSC_0207.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 41
Next time you ride in some dust take the filter out and wipe a clean rag inside the air boot and tell me how much you like the K&N then. These filters are fine for cars where small dust particles don't really cause problems but the stuff they let pass is very detrimental to our small engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe not

Kn flow very well for a reason they are not efficient at stopping small particles and cause wear on pistons and cylinders of cars . I'm an ex mechanic and researched them a long time ago --- not good results, excessive engine wear. For auto racing - & hi perf apps. they are great cause those engines are torn down often. I wouldnt run one in a bike unless you really need every available ounce of horsepower and are willing to change piston and replate cylinder more often than normal.
my 2 cents
Stoby

Back